Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
Does such a thing as the fleet described in the title exist?

I'm new to the game(couple of weeks), and have taken my first character to RA2 solo...and I've run out of steam already. I've decided to start a second character as my new main, switching from Science to Tactical, and this time to try and find a fleet. I'm interested in becoming involved in PvP, STFs, and a bit of RP, but my play hours fluctuate all over the place as I work shifts, so a fleet would have to be a good size with an international base.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Yes, The fleet you described dose exist. Actually there are several fleets that fit the bill.

I also soloed my first toon all the way to max level. And I was very burned out with STO. I would have stopped playing if it was not for Federation Fleet. I have been in the fleet for 8 months now and still finding this to do. Even though, for me it is still a little dull at times in-game, due to lack of content. I put my time into helping others with STFs and such. I also wanted to be a bigger part of the fleet, so I pushed my way up the fleet ranks and help out in other ways now too.

Im sure you will find that a fleet make all the difference. You are more than welcome to join the Federation Fleet Family.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Wanted! Friendly and sociable Trekies!
Federation Fleet is an all friendly, mature, helpful multifaction all encompassing Fleet.

Established before STO was released we have a Membership from all around the World including good sized groups of EUROPE, USA and ASIA members.

Excellent voice comms and Fleet chat! We are a well established fleet with members ranging from brand shiny new players to battle hardened veterans of the wars across the galaxy! ^^

Feel free to join in the fun with us!

Plenty of opportunities to make your mark in an excellent, happy and fun gaming community.

Feel free to look us up in game, and Check out Our Web Site:
www.FederationFleet.GuildLaunch.Com
for more info and Application.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Check out 12th Fleet. We have everything you can think of plus a fun-loving group of people that are just plain great to be around!

http://12th-fleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the offers, but neither of your flets really fit the theme aspect of my question.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Most fleets follow a military theme either Starfleet for Federation fleets or KDF for Klingon fleets. Could you further elaborate on the type of theme you are after?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris5626 View Post
Most fleets follow a military theme either Starfleet for Federation fleets or KDF for Klingon fleets. Could you further elaborate on the type of theme you are after?
Starfleet is not a military organisation, only specific subdivisions within it are. I would like to be part of a fleet which focuses exclusively, in terms of RP at least, on the military and intelligence aspects of Starfleet, rather than one of a handful of people who play that role in a much larger and more general fleet.

My own character is a Commander attached directly to Starfleet Intelligence. He leads a small team of ground-assault officers from Starfleet Security, and is in direct command of the Augur, a Perergine class fighter modified specifically to punch through orbital blockades and deliver said team to the surface of a contested world. I RP that he is not actually posted as the Captain of whatever larger ships he flies, he is merely placed in command temporarily while whatever objectives Starfleet Intelligence has assigned him are completed.

I should mention in addition that I like the 25thC setting of the game, and would ideally like a fleet who's uniform code requires members to use some form of GAME-canon uniform; I'm getting a bit tired of playing Bizarro-TNG/DS9/TOS.