Lt. Commander
# 21
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
THe change to ground combat isn't going to bring people back permanently mayb a month or 2 if they like ground combat. Yeah ground PvP will tick up for a couple of weeks but with Space and Ground skills in the same tree only the weak space pvpers may give ground pvp a go in hopes of being "good" at some form of pvp.
I can't really disagree with this. I have certain toons I'll probably use more for ground, but those toons tend to be weak in space since I have points in ground skills and picked traits at a time when I expected traits to be balanced a bit.

I wonder if Cryptic is making "never auto-target objects" never auto-target objects anytime soon? Ground suffered from spam before space did. There should be a simple way to avoid targetting all the drones, turrets, mines, and security teams, but Cryptic doesn't seem interested. That should be low-hanging fruit as PvP fixes go, and it would have helped with space spam too (without having needed to over-buff FAW).
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
THe change to ground combat isn't going to bring people back permanently mayb a month or 2 if they like ground combat. Yeah ground PvP will tick up for a couple of weeks but with Space and Ground skills in the same tree only the weak space pvpers may give ground pvp a go in hopes of being "good" at some form of pvp.
Nah, I'm not sure about that. While i don't have any high expectations on the new ground i think it'll spark some new interest in ground pvp. I will defiantly "use" this and try and play some more ground (more than the mandatory 5 times a month ground pvp that era and hilbert "drags" one into).

While i dont think its at all as fun as space i'm giving it a try. I mostly horribly die and respawn but well, that's how i started out in space. I will most likely not put any more points into ground that i currently have (hint: none) but well, i try, at least. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Old and already boring question about playlable Romulans? W H E N - this year, next, in two years?
At the current pace the KDF has been improving? I wouldn't get my hopes up to get it anywhere before the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. Unless their team vastly expands.

CapnLogan alone can't create the about ~15+ new, customizable playable vessels a new faction would require someone designing them, and even if other starts gets done faster, I'd expect this to be one of the potential bottlenecks.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
At the current pace the KDF has been improving? I wouldn't get my hopes up to get it anywhere before the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. Unless their team vastly expands.

CapnLogan alone can't create the about ~15+ new, customizable playable vessels a new faction would require someone designing them, and even if other starts gets done faster, I'd expect this to be one of the potential bottlenecks.
yeah the romulans a faction may be around then... but as characters for the klingon empire and federation... hmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
We're sorry, Mr. Stahl has made a typographical error.

The correct answer to that "Ask Cryptic!" question is: Sometime in Season 40

Thank you for your continued support of STO! We hope that you'll browse our C-store for the newest costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
We're sorry, Mr. Stahl has made a typographical error.

The correct answer to that "Ask Cryptic!" question is: Sometime in Season 40

Thank you for your continued support of STO! We hope that you'll browse our C-store for the newest costumes.
-angry fists all around- CRRRRRYYYYYYPPPPPPTTTTTTIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!