Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
THe change to ground combat isn't going to bring people back permanently mayb a month or 2 if they like ground combat. Yeah ground PvP will tick up for a couple of weeks but with Space and Ground skills in the same tree only the weak space pvpers may give ground pvp a go in hopes of being "good" at some form of pvp.
I can't really disagree with this. I have certain toons I'll probably use more for ground, but those toons tend to be weak in space since I have points in ground skills and picked traits at a time when I expected traits to be balanced a bit.

I wonder if Cryptic is making "never auto-target objects" never auto-target objects anytime soon? Ground suffered from spam before space did. There should be a simple way to avoid targetting all the drones, turrets, mines, and security teams, but Cryptic doesn't seem interested. That should be low-hanging fruit as PvP fixes go, and it would have helped with space spam too (without having needed to over-buff FAW).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
06-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
THe change to ground combat isn't going to bring people back permanently mayb a month or 2 if they like ground combat. Yeah ground PvP will tick up for a couple of weeks but with Space and Ground skills in the same tree only the weak space pvpers may give ground pvp a go in hopes of being "good" at some form of pvp.
Nah, I'm not sure about that. While i don't have any high expectations on the new ground i think it'll spark some new interest in ground pvp. I will defiantly "use" this and try and play some more ground (more than the mandatory 5 times a month ground pvp that era and hilbert "drags" one into).

While i dont think its at all as fun as space i'm giving it a try. I mostly horribly die and respawn but well, that's how i started out in space. I will most likely not put any more points into ground that i currently have (hint: none) but well, i try, at least. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Old and already boring question about playlable Romulans? W H E N - this year, next, in two years?
At the current pace the KDF has been improving? I wouldn't get my hopes up to get it anywhere before the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. Unless their team vastly expands.

CapnLogan alone can't create the about ~15+ new, customizable playable vessels a new faction would require someone designing them, and even if other starts gets done faster, I'd expect this to be one of the potential bottlenecks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
At the current pace the KDF has been improving? I wouldn't get my hopes up to get it anywhere before the end of 2012 or the start of 2013. Unless their team vastly expands.

CapnLogan alone can't create the about ~15+ new, customizable playable vessels a new faction would require someone designing them, and even if other starts gets done faster, I'd expect this to be one of the potential bottlenecks.
yeah the romulans a faction may be around then... but as characters for the klingon empire and federation... hmmmm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
We're sorry, Mr. Stahl has made a typographical error.

The correct answer to that "Ask Cryptic!" question is: Sometime in Season 40

Thank you for your continued support of STO! We hope that you'll browse our C-store for the newest costumes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
We're sorry, Mr. Stahl has made a typographical error.

The correct answer to that "Ask Cryptic!" question is: Sometime in Season 40

Thank you for your continued support of STO! We hope that you'll browse our C-store for the newest costumes.
-angry fists all around- CRRRRRYYYYYYPPPPPPTTTTTTIIIIIICCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:13 AM.