Lt. Commander
# 41
06-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
All things considered, it's hard not to see the BoP as still being the best ship in the game...

I mean a sciency BoP can already tank like a cruiser for long enough to get back under cloak.
My concern is its eventual decline as the BoP being an excellent vessel as more newer vessels with newer mechanics are introduced into the game.
As a precursor to this event, I would suggest a looks-at by the Devs to make sure of its "excellent" status.
Lt. Commander
# 42
Hey roach.

I think this is the thread I was referring to from back in february. Basically the true effect of the big debuffs can be as low as about 5% change in resistance:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203195

As for the thing about human leadership, it was always broken so had no effect until recently. I tested things out after the trait was declared fixed in the release notes and found a noticeable effect for a fully human crew. The "in the know" comment was simply that some people read all the way through the release notes and others haven't.

I believe, with only personal experience and anecdotal evidence to back me up, that BFAW does produce more borg set regeneration. However the overall improvements to BFAW make it worth the difference. CRF has received no such boost since the introduction of the borg tech or since november (my choice of benchmark "ideal" timeframe).
Lt. Commander
# 43
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richander View Post
Hey roach.

I think this is the thread I was referring to from back in february. Basically the true effect of the big debuffs can be as low as about 5% change in resistance:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=203195
The link does not work for me.

Quote:
As for the thing about human leadership, it was always broken so had no effect until recently. I tested things out after the trait was declared fixed in the release notes and found a noticeable effect for a fully human crew. The "in the know" comment was simply that some people read all the way through the release notes and others haven't.
Humans only club?

Quote:
I believe, with only personal experience and anecdotal evidence to back me up, that BFAW does produce more borg set regeneration. However the overall improvements to BFAW make it worth the difference. CRF has received no such boost since the introduction of the borg tech or since november (my choice of benchmark "ideal" timeframe).
I would not be surprised to find that BFAW causes more procs for Borg regenration.
Yes both CRF and CSV need a look at to see if it would be better to bring them up to par with BFAW and BOL.
Lt. Commander
# 44 :0
A crew that can sing the Klingon Victory Song like in the movies or better yet, the Klingon Anthem!
Lt. Commander
# 45 :0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
A crew that can sing the Klingon Victory Song like in the movies or better yet, the Klingon Anthem!
. Oh, joy!
Lt. Commander
# 46
Time. That is what I want in my BoP. I just recently joined KDF after being FED sci/sci since launch. I love this ship. Just got tier 5 and awesome. I have seen the light. I even changed my Alienware backlights to red. I am Alien Tac with Commander Tac, Lt Com Sci, Lt Sci, Lt Eng Boffs. This ship is my dream come true.
Lt. Commander
# 47
it is true that DPS ships are devastating even against some of the expert tankers, and with 2+ships on that target he can be taken out, however in a 1 on 1 the tanker is almost always the winner, what i am suggesting is a built in stun ability for the BOP, to allow it that 1-2 seconds it needs to stand a chance against heavy tankers. saying this i fully realize the photonic shock-waves effects and say that even with that short stun/KB it is still difficult to finish him off before he pops an RSP.