Lt. Commander
# 21
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Emissions going out from the cloaked vessels should reveal it.

Emissions directed to the cloaked ships should reveal it(As a remedy, I say, no heals from allies while cloaked)

Anything done that remains within the cloak field should not reveal it...by definition, the cloak is designed to keep emissions inside and non-detectable by sensors outside the cloak field...so self heals should not cause detection.

The power required to run the cloak doesnt change, its still being directed from the shield systems...so there is no reason for the cloak to drop. Think about it, the cloak in canon didnt drop due to power drop offs when Chang fired the torpedo. The B'rel became visible because the torpedo broke and disrupted the cloak field as it passed through. The whole B'rel wasn't seen because the claok field never dropped, it was the ambient light being thrown off the torp that was illuminating the front of the hull, while the distortion in the cloak field allowed that light to pass out and be seen.

The B'rel's cloak was "perfect", it was never lost or dropped...the probelm was that they couldnt adapt to the distrortion of the weapon firing through it, nor did they have the surplus power to fire a beam weapon. the B'rel was detected becsuse it was emitting a non-energy waste product. The Cloak manipulates energy emisisons for sure...exhaust gases/ions are matter, the cloak(s) wasn't manipulating matter emissions...at least not those. Either the disigners didnt know it was getting out(because they had already learned to contain them), or didnt expect anyone to look for it...because apparently it took heavy modifications to even have a chance at detecting them....somethig no ship of the time had...and apparently no ship of this time has now, because exhaust emissions have never been used to detect cloaked vessels again since then.
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Algorithms are "... a list of well-defined instructions for completing a task" (wiki ha ha).

Thus.... to accomplish the removal of your enemies shields, an appropriate algorithm might involve targeting shields, then using beam overload 3 on the reduced resist target.

Such can be pre charged with the brel bop now, allowing for one additional prep option for the alpha strike run.

Clearly any tactic or maneuver in the game is in fact a list of specific instructions you the user are inputting for the program to control your ship. Fly behind the enemy, activate your ****, unload. Those who nitpick others speech and make rude comments out of place for insulting purposes (see trolling), are often less educated, intelligent, and polite than those who dont give a **** or waste time on trivialties of internet forum grammatcial perfection. chat pwned
TSS:S and BO share a global and cannot be used together in an alpha strike. Even with the use of an algorithm.
Lt. Commander
# 23
As I only have a LtCmdr BoP pilot... I don't have the experience to know just how well/badly the battle cloak functions. I am more of a behemoth pilot, unloading death in a most cataclysmic manner. I captain mostly Carriers and Cruisers. When you use a STANDARD battle cloak, can you USE an ability (photonic shockwave for instance...) while cloaked and it shuts OFF your cloak? Or do you have to MANUALLY decloak to use any abilities?

I should think the latter... but that is only a guess.

If that is the case, then wouldn't the B'rel have a (slight) but effective advantage? For when you typically 'de-cloak' doesn't it take 15ish seconds for the cloak to cooldown so you can use it again?

Theoretically, could you (as a B'rel pilot) be cloaked, choose a target, fly at full impulse toward them, hit photonic shockwave and drop a tricobalt mine in their lap... then hit evasive manuvers and recloak 3 seconds later as you pull away?

Is that possible? Simple, but effective hit-and-run tactics?

For truly, if the B'rel is indeed capable of that... then I know EXACTLY which BoP I am going with when I reach LtGeneral!

------

Just an afterthought... I just thought of a wicked 'stun build' that would be nice with a B'rel. Tell me what you think:

Cmdr BO: Sci officer
Viral Matrix 3
Photonic Shockwave 1
Haz Emitters 2
Sci Team 1

Lt.Cmdr BO: Eng officer
Eject Warp Plasma 1
Emergency Pwr Shields
Boarding Party

Lt BO: Tac officer
Rapid Fire 1
High Yield 1

Lt BO: Sci officer
Sci Team 2
Polarize Hull 1

3 Fore Dual Heavy Phaser (or antiproton) Cannons, 1 Fore Torp
1 Aft Tricobalt Mine, 1 Aft Turret

Now how nasty would THAT be?
Lt. Commander
# 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRicky View Post
TSS:S and BO share a global and cannot be used together in an alpha strike. Even with the use of an algorithm.
actually they can. if one clicks tss 15 seconds in advance, they can then fire tss and bo3 right after
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Those who nitpick others speech and make rude comments out of place for insulting purposes (see trolling), are often less educated, intelligent, and polite than those who dont give a **** or waste time on trivialties of internet forum grammatcial perfection. chat pwned
LMAO, I needed that laugh. Mind if I add it to my hall of fame in my sig? (got to make room for it, but damn that as funny)

I think my sig may end up bigger than most of my posts lol :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
Perhaps as in SFC (Star Fleet Command) PC Game, perhaps adding ECM vs ECCM arms race would help offset this lack of B'rel BoP cloaking?

ECM causes opponent's weapons to take longer to lock onto the B'rel BoP.
Perhaps stacking multiple ECM modules to protect your B'Rel BoP?

In contrast, opponent can try to stack ECCM modules to quicken weapons lock.
Lt. Commander
The b'rel refit for me was at first the greatest disappointment and also the most amazing discovery. I tried running a high speed attack ship with mostly tac bos and one sci one engy slot. I found that as a highspeed attack ship that can get in and get out it fails. Rather that it is no way better than its reg battlecloaking cousin the hegtah . However after dueling a friend i discovered that with more sci and less tac and one more engy it can be a very powerful platform. First of all i run all instant heals no he unless im uncloaked anyway and fighting. Second i run all tet cannons and transphasic rapid fire torps. That way i dont have to micro manage when i loose my torps as much. I also run gravity well. I run ep to struct integ 2 and engy team 1 for instant heals i also run dem 2. I have found that with this combination i can come out of cloak and kill a fed so fast he has no time to tank i routinely kill engy cruisers with this setup. The thing that makes the brel special is that i can fire torps do my instant sci abilities (gw) without being attacked i can throw up my tac buffs prior to ever decloaking and unleash hell before someone knows im even firing. This is ship is not broken it merely requires one to not be a noob. You also need teamwork because if you run my setup people will definitely try hard to kill you. Oh for my tac abil i run hyt 2 and rapid fire cannons 3 may switch them around not sure how much more damage my torps do vs my cannons. Anyway the thing with the emmiters is annoying but i believe it was done to give this ship balance in pvp. In the hands of a good science captain it is a wickedly capable ship
Lt. Commander
# 28 eve infected
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0qj View Post
Perhaps as in SFC (Star Fleet Command) PC Game, perhaps adding ECM vs ECCM arms race would help offset this lack of B'rel BoP cloaking?

ECM causes opponent's weapons to take longer to lock onto the B'rel BoP.
Perhaps stacking multiple ECM modules to protect your B'Rel BoP?

In contrast, opponent can try to stack ECCM modules to quicken weapons lock.
Damn eve players their EVERYWHERE!
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Point was, why not start a new thread. Would have been a better option.
What he said.

Necroing a thread will only get it locked.
Lt. Commander
# 30
*knocks out the thread and drags it down the hill* Burying it.
Closed Thread