Lt. Commander
# 21
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
This thread is obvious Kiala bait. I'd make recommendations and post a cookie-cutter, but I'm feeling way too lazy right now. I'll do it later, 1 pm maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 22
I'd go with quantum projectiles at the Cmdr level, and arm my ship accordingly. If you're going with beams, you're going to be broadsiding until you turn in for the torpedo launch. The extra damage of q-torps as opposed to p-torps is better for this tactic.
In a Klink or Tac ship with cannons, you're better off with whatever has the higher dps, since your torps are almost always in-arc anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 23
http://tinyurl.com/yatb5wh

Heres mine... or what I was thinking. Suggestions, thoughts? Also the builder doesnt like the current Firefox, so you have use Internet Exploder.
Lt. Commander
# 24
Dual Beam Banks have a 90' arc and require you to be facing your target. They can and should be equipped on science vessels since they have the turn radius to support them.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Never thought of that... I didnt have tehm on my newbie ship because I felt nerfed half the time.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
Dual Beam Banks have a 90' arc and require you to be facing your target. They can and should be equipped on science vessels since they have the turn radius to support them.

Would it outweigh running with multiple beams on your aft section and firing at the enemy with your side?
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevekind View Post
Would it outweigh running with multiple beams on your aft section and firing at the enemy with your side?
Chances are no.. But you could rock in with the dual phasers on the front and shoot torps from the back as you allow shield distribution to bring your fore shields back up by hightailing it out of there ? I prefer 250' arcs 3x 250' 1x Quantum on the front..
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiala View Post
This thread is obvious Kiala bait. I'd make recommendations and post a cookie-cutter, but I'm feeling way too lazy right now. I'll do it later, 1 pm maybe.
You didn't answer my PM, so I thought this would be the next best way to get your attention

I remember reading the beta thread, and it seemed to have positive effects, so I hope this thread can hash out to be as good
Lt. Commander
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseus View Post
Might as well have one to discuss what we're looking for, etc.

Here's mine, which is pretty much anti anything the enemy can sent at me or my party
http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-48-97-
Server Crashes are clearly the best way to make me stop actually playing and come post on the forum.

You don't need Science Team II and III, get rid of one. I don't really think Subsystem repair is all that great in Science, Engi Team I can heal for 7k without it. Same thing for Hull repair. If you're flying a DSSV especially you should be trying to avoid getting into hull.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrator
Hey guys,

Based on you feedback I've altered my build a little.

I'm a little confused as to how efficiency works, but I'll mostly be either running full power to weapons/shields. So what I've done is removed points from weapons and invested more into Auxiliary, and Engines. But if the returns aren't high, I can move them to shields as Kiala suggested to get EPtS III. I've also streamlined my ground traits and moved points from maintenance into weapon maintenance and weapon performance as Taeyan pointed out Nadion inversion is affected by both of those skills.

http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/inde...07_4-87-61-60-
Hey Arb. Check out http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=101249 for an explination of how efficiency affects your power settings, but keep in mind that the various efficiency skills also increase the effectivness of skills that depend on them. There's a table at the bottom that will let you determine if the power gains are worth it to you.

I'm not sure that the 4 points in weapons main or the 2 in subsystem repair and 1 in hull are providing as much benefit as using them in another skill, but I don't like having skills with small rank investments.