Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 11
06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Here is my current plan.

Points in research seem a waste but don't really need them for anywhere else, cannons might also be a waste as I don't think i'll use them, not sure if all phaser/torps will be too much power draw on the phasers, so that's a wait and see. If I load turrests in the back I'll probably switch pattern beta for canon rapid fire.

Plan to have two commander BO's that I'll swap in and out, first with Rift2/Matrix3 and the other with Matrix1/Rift3 I like rift a lot. Might also get a third with gravirty well 3.

Currenty at commander1 with this guy.
Move the RSV points into an efficiency skill or ground skill. Cannons are fine if you're running turrents, I think it's a good idea actually. I prefer running turrets in the back as opposed to arrays, if you use an EPS console you should be able to keep up.

I'm personally not a big fan of either Tyken's or Gravity Well. Both do terrible terrible damage and the damage is pretty much only useful for taking out mines/boarding party/I got lucky and I caught a plasma torp! Tyken's is okay if you're trying to lower their power but Gravity Well is just garbage. It does terrible damage and the gravity effect is easily overcome by anyone who has actually equipped an impulse engine. That being said, if you find that you like it enough to spend your 9 Admiral ranks in, go ahead and keep the points there.