Lt. Commander
Just reached Vice Admiral and i'm gonna respec, now will i gimp myself if i don't put any points in ground combat at all?
i'm gonna roll another tac officer anyway, i did hear somewhere that not putting any points in ground combat doesn't make any difference.

Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
well, it doesn't make much difference if you don't do ground combat... maybe best wait and see what the new combat system has to offer?
Lt. Commander
# 3
Whoever told you that putting points into ground dosent make a diffrence is nuts... Cause it does...

However as dreamingbadger indicates, I'd wait untill after Season 4, since ground is being re-done, so you might end up wasting a tolken, because you have to rebuild it afterwards anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 4 your not gimping yourself..
like a lot of choices it all comes back to how you play the game. If you prefer space combat more over ground then leaving ground alone for the most part IS NOT going to affect your gameplay that much...Whatever the naysayers want you to believe. Sorry...but it's true. I'm geared for all about the space pvp end of things and magicly...i'm still able to function in stf's during the ground parts...amazing...I know.

If you want..wait for the season 4 drop and play it out on some repeat missions from your captain's replay in your ready room. If it feels good to you then go ahead and dump a lil SP love in your ground skills. I personally won't bother cuz' i already know what I would have verses what I already have. See for yourself and disregard the doom and gloom soapbox squad that try to force their 'gameplay' on ya'. See what happens...You may discover a better way of doing things that will have these 'leeches' swarming all over you for YOUR build advice XD.