Lt. Commander
# 31
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I'm happy that SS will confuse pets, my immediate concern is that this will make even MORE people run SS...

I'd be relived if ST would always clear SS from self.

I'd be happy if I also got a 30sec immunity after every time I was scrambled.

(And I feel I have more or less confirmed over the weekend that ST jumps away even when I'm only hit with SS1 or 2.)
It's gonna be yet another one of those "must have" skills Cryptic is so fond of.

They claim they aren't, but come on, they wouldn't do things like that if not...
Lt. Commander
# 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgald View Post
That's your idea of simple pet commands?

Simple pet commands would be attack and disengage...

And these 2 are pretty much all we need.
Pet Attack Target "x" - pet or pets run off and attack target "x"
Pet Passive Stance - pet or pets take a passive stance near player
Pet Defend Target "x"- pet or pets follow and defend target "x"

Yeah thats my idea for simple pet commands. Basically the carry over of the BOff ground commands used at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Pet Attack Target "x" - pet or pets run off and attack target "x"
Pet Passive Stance - pet or pets take a passive stance near player
Pet Defend Target "x"- pet or pets follow and defend target "x"

Yeah thats my idea for simple pet commands. Basically the carry over of the BOff ground commands used at this time.
While I do agree with your idea for the sake of "logic-fix" (similar to the recent "pet logic-fix") i do not think that cryptic would want that. The Reason would be that this ability allows the carrier-captain to summon a full armada of pets before engagement. As the situation is right now, carriers (ironically) have to run away from their own pets, in order to keep them in play.
Lt. Commander
# 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglar
While I do agree with your idea for the sake of "logic-fix" (similar to the recent "pet logic-fix") i do not think that cryptic would want that. The Reason would be that this ability allows the carrier-captain to summon a full armada of pets before engagement. As the situation is right now, carriers (ironically) have to run away from their own pets, in order to keep them in play.
Pets would have to be limited to a certain number per pet type in play at any one time in order for fine control aspects to be brought into game.
Thus (like a MM from CoH) the Carrier could summon say for example 6 fighters and 3 BoPs before combat and only have to resummon them when they are dead as resummoning them recreates the whole wing of ships not just those that died.
From this point the Carrier could assign targets or give commands as they see fit.
No more waves of spam
Of course the pets would have to be more like BOffs in that they would need a buff to stats to make them more effective.
Lt. Commander
# 35
i do like this idea, however... can I trade 6 fighters for 2 bops?
Lt. Commander
# 36 I don't think so
06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlion
So am I to understand that Carrier pets only "dock" because Feds use Photonic fleet all the time and use way too many mines, so that the few fighters or BoP's a carrier drags along cause to much lag?
Good that this was explained to me.
Even playing solo pve with a carrier or using scorpion fighters, they will dock with your ship after combat unless you keep outrunning them. This has been a bad mechanic ever since it was implemented since you have no control over your fighters deciding to dock just before a new fight, and creates the silly system of having people constantly running away from their fighters.

The other problems right now are the fact that fighters will stupidly stay next to a warp core breach and that sci team doesn't get rid of SS.

All of these things need fixing to make playing with carriers or fighters fun.

I thought snix didn't work for Cryptic anymore, did he come back or did he never leave?
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Huh, was this thread somehow "necroed" by the forum merges?
I was surprised that not only was snix had a recent post in the Dev Tracker, that he was still checking stuff in, and that I already replied to it, all happening today!