Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131
06-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
Hard pressed to take out one KDF amongst a gang of them LOL. Look guys I understand what your saying. However I just won't be some one's punching bag.. Its not in me to let people pound on me. You don't learn a damn thing with three or four people constantly gunning you down..

You do learn doing 1v1 and even 2v1.. but when there's an armada of KDF on your ass.. I'm sorry thats just not practicle to stick around. Especially if you respawn and your getting nailed on top of the respawn pt from all sides, which happens with cracked planet alot. If there's only two or three Feds vs six or eight KDF.. yeah I'll just stay and collect merits. It would be no different if feds out numbered a KDF team 7 to 2 and camped a KDF station.. its just not fun being on the end of that kind of game play. I don't believe in camping a spawn, I don't believe in trash talking an outnumbered team. I guess thats just a sense of fair play that I have. Shoot me if I don't hold to some of your personal ideals about how this game is played and how I should play it.

That aside, again I am greatful for the assistence rendered to get me on the straight and narrow with a build.
Hmmm... you say that "you don't learn a damn thing..." and that is a problem. If "three or four people" are attacking you ask yourself why you are in that position. Are you working with others as a team? Are you communicating to that team? Why are you in a situation by yourself and multiple opponents? Also spawn camping mostly happens when you don't move away from the spawn point or don't move away far enough before engaging the enemy. Unless you are in a C&H you shouldn't be in a 7 vs 2; teams in arenas are mostly even, i say mostly because there are some who warp out . So yeah, I'd say there are a lot of lessons to be learned that you haven't yet. It isn't all space bar pounding and mouse clicking. And your sense of "fair play" seems like a buffet where you pick and choose what you like. I mean spawn camping is bad but ruining a match by leaving because you are losing isn't?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
06-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
Hard pressed to take out one KDF amongst a gang of them LOL. Look guys I understand what your saying. However I just won't be some one's punching bag.. Its not in me to let people pound on me. You don't learn a damn thing with three or four people constantly gunning you down..

You do learn doing 1v1 and even 2v1.. but when there's an armada of KDF on your ass.. I'm sorry thats just not practicle to stick around. Especially if you respawn and your getting nailed on top of the respawn pt from all sides, which happens with cracked planet alot. If there's only two or three Feds vs six or eight KDF.. yeah I'll just stay and collect merits. It would be no different if feds out numbered a KDF team 7 to 2 and camped a KDF station.. its just not fun being on the end of that kind of game play. I don't believe in camping a spawn, I don't believe in trash talking an outnumbered team. I guess thats just a sense of fair play that I have. Shoot me if I don't hold to some of your personal ideals about how this game is played and how I should play it.

That aside, again I am greatful for the assistence rendered to get me on the straight and narrow with a build.
Let me ask you this....would you hold back if the odds were in favor of the team you are on? Or would you blast those poor,poor Klingons anyway....you know,payback for all the butthurt they gave you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Let me ask you this....would you hold back if the odds were in favor of the team you are on? Or would you blast those poor,poor Klingons anyway....you know,payback for all the butthurt they gave you?
I was in a match today where the feds outnumbered Klingons. We drove the Klingons back to the base. I stayed a far enough distance away that any Klingon player could get out of there, a prep for a fight. The other feds.. ehh they were still all over the station. I don't play like. I don't spawn camp. Sorry not my thing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
06-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
Hmmm... you say that "you don't learn a damn thing..." and that is a problem. If "three or four people" are attacking you ask yourself why you are in that position. Are you working with others as a team? Are you communicating to that team? Why are you in a situation by yourself and multiple opponents? Also spawn camping mostly happens when you don't move away from the spawn point or don't move away far enough before engaging the enemy. Unless you are in a C&H you shouldn't be in a 7 vs 2; teams in arenas are mostly even, i say mostly because there are some who warp out . So yeah, I'd say there are a lot of lessons to be learned that you haven't yet. It isn't all space bar pounding and mouse clicking. And your sense of "fair play" seems like a buffet where you pick and choose what you like. I mean spawn camping is bad but ruining a match by leaving because you are losing isn't?
Victory275. well of late, since the getting some new things, and modified a few bridge officers, I'm more durrable so I last a bit longer. Today I ended up being the last target of the matches so yeah I ended up being in the middle of a "Custer's Last Stand" scenario. Thats ok.. I dont mind that. Thats a now win situation so I try to hang tight until reenforcements arrive back from spawning. If I don't, hey thems the breaks. I've gotten use to that Bop Ram and fire routine and come up with a decent counter to it when I think its in the works.

As to the battles... Let me tell you of an old saying... "Pick your battles don't let the battles pick you"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135
06-09-2011, 09:57 PM
As far as i can tell, you were un-aware of just how to play your ship. Let me give you a few pointers(from a BoP captain)

1- A BoP has an average of 5 seconds at peak firepower, after 15 or so seconds the tide turns against him
2- to stop a BoP in his tracs use photonic shockwave, then tractor beam or gravity well him, and if you can warp plasma
3- dont be alone, a BoP ambush is tough to survive 1 on 1, and BoPs work best in Squads

A clever BoP captain can get out of most situations, i actually renamed my Ship the IKS GINGERBREAD MAN for my knack of getting out by the skin of my teeth. My experience is that i am not hard to kill, just hard to catch long enough to kill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
06-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
A clever BoP captain can get out of most situations, i actually renamed my Ship the IKS GINGERBREAD MAN for my knack of getting out by the skin of my teeth. My experience is that i am not hard to kill, just hard to catch long enough to kill.
I saw a player toon named " security escort III" once. I also named on of my ships U.S.S. SNB. Figured between trying to pick out the players using SNB and trying to call out the ship SNB, the other side would be frustrated or confused when someone says SNB. Maybe fire a random ST for no reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
06-09-2011, 10:41 PM
[OrganizedPVP] Talo Crixx@Jesse_Heinig: Can I call you BJ? Everyone loves BJs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
[OrganizedPVP] Talo Crixx@Jesse_Heinig: Can I call you BJ? Everyone loves BJs
They are wholesale!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM.