Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
well, it's hard not to get 15 kills if you use faw and actually i do 2x of the damage of my escort when i'm in my faw cruiser (which is not often, because it's just stupid ). but it's not the excelsior that is op but faw. at least most ppl. in faw boats don't know how to setup it right .
Ah.. But as Stryker mentioned..

Do you really kill those people (ie: Would they have died if you were alone with them?), or was it that escort with a 3rd of your damage that punched a HYT through the shields?

Even my Single Cannon equipped Cruiser have more effective DPS than a lolFAW boat spacebar spamming himself through a match.

In any case, FAW is broken and will be fixed eventually.. And then, all these "uber" cruisers will be reduced to lowDPS nonfactors instead of highDPS nonfactors.

Broken skills doesnt make for skilled PvPers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Ah.. But as Stryker mentioned..

Do you really kill those people (ie: Would they have died if you were alone with them?), or was it that escort with a 3rd of your damage that punched a HYT through the shields?

Even my Single Cannon equipped Cruiser have more effective DPS than a lolFAW boat spacebar spamming himself through a match.

In any case, FAW is broken and will be fixed eventually.. And then, all these "uber" cruisers will be reduced to lowDPS nonfactors instead of highDPS nonfactors.

Broken skills doesnt make for skilled PvPers.
FAW boat cruisers killed pvp. I have not set foot in a pvp match in the past month or two. Namely because its not fun and doesn't emphasize skill. When it is fixed, the PvE people who came to pvp will quit. Also, the low skill PvPer's who since this FAW came out think high and mighty will go back to being killed again. Believing your all that becaue of a broken skill just means you don't understand the scope of PvP.

Easier to show the difference in numbers. My escort does for sake 95 percent damage to 1 ships hull. While your cruiser does the remaining 5 percent. Whose kill is that? Mine or yours? Now, your doing 5 percent to 5 ships maybe. When I get done with the first one I will do the other 95 percent on the next one. So even though your racking up 5 percents, they keep healing that 5 percent and its a back and forth deal. Where as I have left them dead and move on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-10-2011, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
In any case, FAW is broken and will be fixed eventually.. And then, all these "uber" cruisers will be reduced to lowDPS nonfactors instead of highDPS nonfactors.

Broken skills doesnt make for skilled PvPers.
I agree FAW is broken... I mean who doesn't :p
and i'm sure there will still be cruisers flown by those "skilled" PvPers that will out dps escorts after the nerf.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
I agree FAW is broken... I mean who doesn't :p
and i'm sure there will still be cruisers flown by those "skilled" PvPers that will out dps escorts after the nerf.
I'm sorry. I must disagree with your last statement. A skilled cruiser captain will do more DPS then a non skilled escort captain. But, when both are equally skilled, the escort will have more effective damage to percent of kill. Escorts provide the punch and bulk of the "percent of kill". Cruisers and sci ships help keep the ship limping for the escort to finish it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-10-2011, 03:05 AM
yes, i can kill in my faw cruiser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-10-2011, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
yes, i can kill in my faw cruiser.
I now believe I know what MelineAaele and StrykerV are on about and yes the "who killed who" system is broken, I hope you could understand where I was coming from with my cruiser doing damage and all but I guess I need a little more practice/help with my PvP build/skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-10-2011, 03:17 AM
i know what they mean, but when i see that i'm doing damage to 3 ships directly to the hull and they all melt down i guess it's me who's killing them (in a pug team with the usual failboats). i have to admit that most ppl. don't know how to setup a powerfull faw cruiser. mostly they don't even do the damage that i did without faw .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-10-2011, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammel105 View Post
I now believe I know what MelineAaele and StrykerV are on about and yes the "who killed who" system is broken, I hope you could understand where I was coming from with my cruiser doing damage and all but I guess I need a little more practice/help with my PvP build/skills.
Sir, I understand where you are coming from. I was like that to once, until you play it for awhile and someone helps you learn the ins and outs. That is what we are here to do, help each other out. PvP scoring is broken or shall I say not acurrate of what really is going on. Once FAW is fixed, come out with me sometime and we can PvP. There are more experienced pvpers in my fleet and all the other main fleets. Check out the TSI pvp thread and you can see big names from the top teams. If you see them ask them and play with them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
i know what they mean, but when i see that i'm doing damage to 3 ships directly to the hull and they all melt down i guess it's me who's killing them (in a pug team with the usual failboats). i have to admit that most ppl. don't know how to setup a powerfull faw cruiser. mostly they don't even do the damage that i did without faw .
against PUGs I can get kills with a SV running 25 weaponpower, and I can end 1st in damage.. will post pic momentarily.

let me ask you.. can you melt 3 ships at once, when theyre flown by decent PvPers?

*Edit*

The promised pic

Note how even though I outdamage everyone in the match, I have less kills that the escort with 7XXk damage?

Though I "won" that match, I had far less effective damage than the escort, and thus, was less successful (100k damage per kill for me vs ~50-60k damage per kill for the Escort.)

Artifically inflating your damage (and kills - Which FAW does) isnt the same as the ship is being more effective.

My Escort can punch out (with a little luck) around 150k damage in less than 10 secs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Ramone
i know what they mean, but when i see that i'm doing damage to 3 ships directly to the hull and they all melt down i guess it's me who's killing them (in a pug team with the usual failboats). i have to admit that most ppl. don't know how to setup a powerfull faw cruiser. mostly they don't even do the damage that i did without faw .
Seeing your beams hit is one thing. You do have to ask who else is hitting them at the same time. Are you the only ship hitting him or are 3 others hitting him? Are you using a single array and your teammate is firing DHC's? Its really taking in your surroundings and realzing what you effectively can do yourself if your team was to disappear.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.