i recived a very small patch yesterday but no notes or anything..mentioned about a xtra patch being loaded at the start or end of a session to decreas the size of the ful lversion later as they have done before.
- Reset to clear any buffred data, slowing down data processing.
- Adding or replacing damaged or insufficient hardware.
- Adding new enhanced hardware.
- Server Side software patching/upgrades to increase preformance or security.
- Adding new cables to support more bandwidth.
- Cleaning Dust.
- Running diagnostics on current equipment.
... and so on.
Also, prepping for the next major patch can do it too. (Even if it's not intended to be for a while - a good maintenance window is a good maintenance window)
Better downtime now than downtime when everyone is trying to login for S4.
Actually that's really a shame. Not that there has barely been any update last week, butt no update at all this week. Not even a single bugfix even though there's so much to do. I do understand people are involved with Season 4 ... leading me to the question when Season 4 is gunna hit Tribble to have enuff time to test all the new stuff and give feedback on new bugs (?) ... anyway, at least a few small updates and / or bugfixes would have been nice, instead of just wasting those 2 hours of downtime and not do anything.
I wouldn't assume there's no bugs being squashed, I think a lot of the new code is being rolled into season 4 at the minute from various odds and ends of dev posts I've read.