Lt. Commander
# 1 Confounded Foundry Questions
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I'd appreciate some info from the community on some of these perplexing Foundry issues.

1. Is there any way to have your captain beam into a new map by him/herself, or with one other boff?

2. Can someone explain to me what the slider options under Wander, Chat, and Jobs for each character/ship mean?

3. Is there any way to know which NPC in an enemy NPC group is the ranking officer? (For instance out of an NPC group of 3 Ensigns, 2 Lieutenants, and 1 Commander, which NPC/actor is the Commander?)

I'm sure there are more questions, but these 3 take priority. Thanks a bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Kaitan
1. Is there any way to have your captain beam into a new map by him/herself, or with one other boff?
Not officially. There are some suggestions floating around regarding workarounds but they come with caveats and are not really recommended.

Quote:
2. Can someone explain to me what the slider options under Wander, Chat, and Jobs for each character/ship mean?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191608

Quote:
3. Is there any way to know which NPC in an enemy NPC group is the ranking officer? (For instance out of an NPC group of 3 Ensigns, 2 Lieutenants, and 1 Commander, which NPC/actor is the Commander?)
Yes. As far as I know, the captain level mob will always be the same spawn... so if you want to name him as your "boss" it should work fine.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the quick response BT, especially on #2. Live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 01:26 PM
#2: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...-of-wander/The

I hope that tutorial helps. I found the dev sticky really frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Diplomatic Fail?
06-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Here's another confounded question: Is there any way to make a mission fail by failing a diplomatic encounter?

I'm currently building a mission where there is a critical diplomatic encounter with an alien species. The player is given mulitple choices of answers to the diplomat's questions, and if the wrong choice is selected, the mission could fail.

As I test the scenarios in the Foundry, the wrong choices just send me back to the beginning of the conversation with the diplomat, and not fail the mission, or at least not fail that part of the mission.

Help anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Here's another confounded question: Is there any way to make a mission fail by failing a diplomatic encounter?

I'm currently building a mission where there is a critical diplomatic encounter with an alien species. The player is given mulitple choices of answers to the diplomat's questions, and if the wrong choice is selected, the mission could fail.

As I test the scenarios in the Foundry, the wrong choices just send me back to the beginning of the conversation with the diplomat, and not fail the mission, or at least not fail that part of the mission.

Help anyone?
Not really. In order to do it, you would have to be able to have the pass/fail be able to branch out in two different directions in the Storyboard. The fail would end the mission, the pass would move on. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the present time. Maybe down the Road a ways, perhaps .

Duke-of-Rock

Spawn of Medusa
Spawn of Medusa II - (Part II: Daughters of Medusa)
- Now live on Holodeck
Lt. Commander
# 7 I need help
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I am having a problem making the players able to beam over from one map to another. i can only play the first part of mission. i am trying to make to where you can't complete mission until you kill all the enemy onboard the ship. I am referring to my created mission, " Klingon Battle Close to Home." Can someone play my mission and tell me what i need to do to fix my problems?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:

Help anyone?
It can be done with the current triggers facility, but i'm not sure if the method will be ideal.

How i would do it:
-Set talk to contact as an objective
-have the dialog tree end in success on the critical question from the npc.
-set up two large invisible objects in the room where the npc is, they both trigger to visible upon the completion of the success of talk to contact objective and hidden upon "component complete" of the each other.
-Each invisible object could then be set to trigger it's own a popup dialog on the map as opposed to the storyboard (and since they are each set to trigger the other option to hide only one would be selectable.)
-Then next objective can be anything like arbitrary go to point A ..interact with console to report to SF command etc to finish the mission or move it forward.

If it's a diplomacy mission you're going for the important thing would be the getting the desired dialog to trigger right? It just means you'd have to use out of dialog clickies wherever you wanted to make a choice impacting on the mission.