Lt. Commander
# 1 Time Travel idea suggestion
06-04-2011, 08:17 AM
i know that in STO we've already time travelled a fair share, however i was wondering about the possibility of creating (or remastering) a mission where the player had to physically select a TOS era ship to attempt it. maybe because it takes place in a nebula or something that disrupts the holographic ship disguise or something. or maybe have the option of the holo ship disguise available to the player but add some reward in there if the player would choose to use a TOS era or Enterprise Era ship.

granted that the TOS era ships availble now are all C-Store ships, but maybe we can give the players a TOS era ship, or the option of crafting a Daedaleus Class ship or something to try and give the players who complain about the C-Store a means of gaining the special reward too.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Theres always the Miranda...
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2011, 03:45 PM
As well as the excelsior and there is a tier2 constitution.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I think there should be a time travel mission where a Section 31 agent goes rogue and travels back in time, and we're sent back to stop him. The mission would be set in the early 21st century and as it plays out we discover that the agent is here to stop something from happening.

At the big end reveal / battle, we learn that the agent was trying to (and succeeded in) delaying Perpetual from developing a Star Trek MMO, which results in the IP being taken away and given to Cryptic Studios to develop. The agent / Undine says that doing so was imperative to prevent the Klingons from being developed fully and that now there is not enough time for Cryptic to do so. When asked WTF he's talking about, he says that the world we live in is just simulated reality, that we're all being controlled by other beings (some are "deevs" and some are "pl'aayrs") and that his actions were part of the grand design for a new reality the deevs call 'Sison 6'.

I'm sure the devs can run with what I've given them. There should be lots of explosions, some idiot plot, and tons of lens flare.

The End????

Z
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
sounds good to me