Lt. Commander
# 1 Costume Question.
06-09-2011, 07:43 PM
How do I transfer a custom costume to a quest giver npc? When I open the list for the avatar options, all I get are the pre-made ones and not the one I made from scratch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Any custom costumes you make are going to be in the asset list along with all the premade ones. This means you need to know the name of it. It also means you probably want to name it differently so you can find it easier.

What I did for my missions was to just preface all the costume names with "zz". So I would have like zz guard1, zz guard2, zz andoriantrader, etc. and if I want to use my costumes, I just scroll to the end of the list and they are all there and easy to find since it is all in alphabetical order.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I have a similar technique: Costumes that are important for several missions (and will be used on several missions) or are intended to be used on several maps begin with either ,,, for humanoids or ... for ships. NPC that are important for a single map begin with ,, or .. and a simple , or . indicates background NPCs.
This way, my costumes are always at the top of the list - no scrolling required.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2011, 10:15 PM
you have to use a premade contact for the initial quest giver, you can't use a custom for that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
you have to use a premade contact for the initial quest giver, you can't use a custom for that.
Oh. XS TYVM.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-10-2011, 09:00 PM
The initial contact indeed can't be a custom one. However it can be a bridge officer.

A simple workaround to this could be to have a BOff be the initial contact and say "We are receiving a hail" or some variation thereof, then put a dialogue box after that with the real contact which can be a custom costume.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
The initial contact indeed can't be a custom one. However it can be a bridge officer.

A simple workaround to this could be to have a BOff be the initial contact and say "We are receiving a hail" or some variation thereof, then put a dialogue box after that with the real contact which can be a custom costume.

Which Bridge Officer usually has the "Uhura" job in STO anyway? Sci, Tac, or Eng? :?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Canonly it's generally been the tactical officer. In STO it's pretty much random.