Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet emblem options
06-12-2011, 06:33 AM
I would like an image of a Pegasus (Horse with wings) add to Fleet emblem options that is similar to the one in my avatar and signature. We are currently using a horse head in the foreground, but it really does not represent the Fleet's name. Would this be possible?

Does anyone else have ideas of what they would like to see added or changes to Fleet emblem options?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2011, 12:06 PM
I agree...I would also like to see some new emblems added.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I want them to have "personal emblem" and "fleet emblem".

That way we can have a shoulder patch for the fleet, and one of our own making which does not require a fleet. Means we could have your typical fleet patch in the same spot, but maybe opposite shoulder/above-below the fleet one is a ship patch?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildblade85 View Post
I want them to have "personal emblem" and "fleet emblem".

That way we can have a shoulder patch for the fleet, and one of our own making which does not require a fleet. Means we could have your typical fleet patch in the same spot, but maybe opposite shoulder/above-below the fleet one is a ship patch?
That is a great idea. There are people who just do not want to be in a fleet. I do not know how they would add it though because it is only accessible through the Fleet uniform's tab for fleets.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah I totally want this in-game!!!

Because I like it and its the fleet Im in picture
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 02:06 PM
*sees the fleet march in* Guys, before this becomes a spammy post ("Me, too!" or "/signed") I'd like to quickly point something out:

I am sure each and every fleet would like 'their' fleet emblem in the game. The Pegasus Fleet want a Pegasus. The Wild Tomatoes want a Tomato bush (and a tomato plant for the PvP group, please) and the Hot sauce Desperados want to have a bottle of Tabasco sauce.

Please do keep in mind however that we have a few generic fleet symbols which we share between fleets. Requesting custom ones would eat up a lot more time than actually enhance game play. Also: Your fleet symbol would not be unique for YOUR fleet. Nothing would stop another fleet from copying you with the use of the same symbol - so the more custom it is, the easier others will have it when trying to annoy you in the game.

Right now, we have no plans to make custom fleet icons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
***Snip**

Totally understood. What about simply expanding some of the existing options? i.e. Adding some new art to what we have now? There are definitely things needed in game that would take pripority of course, but in time are there plans to do something like this. Particularly with regard to patch shapes.

Another option might be to add a fourth parameter to the existing design tool? In other words, having the patch (or "Field") as the first and then adding the option to place three images (instead of two as it is now)?

Just some thoughts.

maj!
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
One idea, might be to (somewhere down the line), add a "Fleet Icon Creator" to the game, so that Fleet Officers can design their own icon? Possibly with rudimentary "paint" tools?

Would solve the issue of taking time away from the developers, when every "Tom, **** and Harry" wants their own Fleet icon. Instead, adding a Fleet Icon Creator, "Tom, **** and Harry" can design the icons themselves
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
One idea, might be to (somewhere down the line), add a "Fleet Icon Creator" to the game, so that Fleet Officers can design their own icon? Possibly with rudimentary "paint" tools?

Would solve the issue of taking time away from the developers, when every "Tom, **** and Harry" wants their own Fleet icon. Instead, adding a Fleet Icon Creator, "Tom, **** and Harry" can design the icons themselves
I like this idea as long as their is a way to stop people from making offensive images without interrupting a dev so they can say "it's clean"
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
There's a few things to consider with this. As the poster after you points out, there's no way to guarantee there isn't an unacceptable logo made. As Wishstone points out, there are no plans for custom fleet icons. So, both lead to an answer of "no".

Keep in mind a third problem with this: The current plan is to allow a fleet of one to be created. This means the number of potential abuse cases increases, not decreases. Arguably, I'd say that what this creates is not enjoyable customization, but rather inappropriate and out of context customization and abuse.

The most reasonable, though not necessarily practical in terms of development and QA time, approach could conceivably be to expand the number of generic fleet emblems for each faction (keeping in mind future factions will exist as well). Though, as you can imagine, that would be pretty low on the priority list with all of the things that need to be added sooner and with greater urgency.