Lt. Commander
# 21
06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
If you have never played SWG before now you will probably enjoy it. To be completely honest, the game in its current form is a pretty good game and has a ton of content. The space and ground combo make it pretty unique among MMOs, and the crafting system is still the best I have seen in any game.

The problem is for those who have played it before, like myself. Just knowing how things used to be keeps me from being able to enjoy how they are now. But if I had never played it in the past then I would probably have alot of fun if I discovered it for the first time today.
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you have never played SWG before now you will probably enjoy it. To be completely honest, the game in its current form is a pretty good game and has a ton of content. The space and ground combo make it pretty unique among MMOs, and the crafting system is still the best I have seen in any game.

The problem is for those who have played it before, like myself. Just knowing how things used to be keeps me from being able to enjoy how they are now. But if I had never played it in the past then I would probably have alot of fun if I discovered it for the first time today.
Pretty much....

But I hated the ground game...and I'd done pretty much everything I could do in space....multiple times. There was just nothing left to keep my interest.

It's not a bad game...per se.....but it is showing it's age...the engine is 8 years old, and they never really updated it. Graphics are meh by today's standards....

SWG is my first true MMO...and it will always hold a place in my heart. I will remember the good times I had, and sweep the bad ones under the carpet and forget about them.

And yes...The crafting system kicks butt.