Lt. Commander
I don't know who is making these trailers, but this one almost looks live action. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs6sh3_Q
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
I don't know who is making these trailers, but this one almost looks live action. Wow.

Bioware has been making Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for years now.

It's an MMORPG that'll be a stepping stone in gaming: 1st MMO to have full voice over in multiple languages.

"TOR" will be coming out in late 2011. I've been waiting and watching its progress for years now. It's am amazing game.

-----------

Also there are two other trailers (actually 3) besides this one for TOR. Go on swtor.com to see them all
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
"TOR" will be coming out in late 2011. I've been waiting and watching its progress for years now. It's am amazing game.
The trailers are great but after watching an uncut 90 minutes of gameplay, I was less impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post

Probably Blur Studio, they did the first trailer as well as a bunch of other awesome stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 03:03 PM
love the trailers, but as much as i want to love the game, it just keeps putting me off...
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The trailers are great but after watching an uncut 90 minutes of gameplay, I was less impressed.
It's still in Beta remember.

And hey, was STO really "up and running" during Headstart / Official Launch?

But, hey it's not for everyone. Those who liked the Knights of the Old Republic I and II games (like myself) can get into it, but for those who aren't totally into Star Wars / "Kotor" might not find it as enjoyable / good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
It's still in Beta remember.

And hey, was STO really "up and running" during Headstart / Official Launch?

But, hey it's not for everyone. Those who liked the Knights of the Old Republic I and II games (like myself) can get into it, but for those who aren't totally into Star Wars / "Kotor" might not find it as enjoyable / good.
All I said was that the gamplay is less interesting than the cutscenes, which is fairly accurate.

I watched a player go from just before creating a light-saber till almost an hour later. Essentially, it was WoW with voice-acting and slightly slower combat.

I'm not saying STO was polished (it wasn't) and SWTOR being in its state right now bodes well for the eventual release. However, there are some design decisions that are doubtful to change.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
All I said was that the gamplay is less interesting than the cutscenes, which is fairly accurate.

I watched a player go from just before creating a light-saber till almost an hour later. Essentially, it was WoW with voice-acting and slightly slower combat.

I'm not saying STO was polished (it wasn't) and SWTOR being in its state right now bodes well for the eventual release. However, there are some design decisions that are doubtful to change.
Really? the combat didn't look nearly as grindy as WoW was (admittedly the last time I was in wow was pre TBC) this was the live feed from e3 I saw. Kind of looked like better interfaced KotOR.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Really? the combat didn't look nearly as grindy as WoW was (admittedly the last time I was in wow was pre TBC) this was the live feed from e3 I saw. Kind of looked like better interfaced KotOR.
The interface is better than KOTOR, no doubt.

However, I was watching a livestream prior to E3 (it was yanked, so chances are they didn't want it getting out).