Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2011, 02:13 PM
It will probably be, you buy them in the c-store and then you can be rewarded with them ingame, rather than having to claim one each time you need to replace an older boff that is not that good.

Like how it worked with the spieces that you can play as, you bought it from your account instead of a one use thing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Looks like per-character and you claim the officer at officer requisitions on ESD. Caitian and Aenar, choice of all classes and both genders. They're all purple.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidNuetronium
Looks like per-character and you claim the officer at officer requisitions on ESD. Caitian and Aenar, choice of all classes and both genders. They're all purple.
Picture or it didn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Picture or it didn't happen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-15-2011, 05:48 AM
here's how it may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
If you get the BOFFs from the c-store I think we're setting it up so that you get a "token" for 100 cp which you can then take to a contact to select which type of officer you want. At that point the token is consumed and your officer is in your available assignments list (and can be traded btw). Once you assign them then they are bound to you.

So in addition of the possibility of players posting officers on the AH for trade, later in Season 4 I'll be announcing other exciting new ways that you'll be able to acquire rare items such as these Bridge Officers including the possibility of emblems or duty officer assignments.
from this Thread
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Hmmm, this sounds like we have to pay for every single officer seperately.
Wow (NOT the Game).
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenn View Post
Hmmm, this sounds like we have to pay for every single officer seperately.
Wow (NOT the Game).
I wouldn't be half as angry if it were simply a one time unlimited access thing, and linked in with the playable species purchase. But the way it's currently being explained is a complete screw.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Agreed. I have 3 characters right off that want atleast one... I'm a huge supporter of the store, but disagree with limited things. First the slots being per character and now the BOffs being not just per character but one per character per purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I would go the opposite route.

I think account wide unlocks limit the profit window of a particular asset, which means Cryptic gets tied up constantly creating more new C-Store assets.

If they'd designed everything to be ala carte from the beginning, they wouldn't have to budget as much for new C-Store development (if you can only sell something once, you have to sell more new things constantly) and could have a larger content team.

I was frustrated awhile back until I did the math and realized we'd need 250k subscribers for the content team we currently have, without a C-Store. So the C-Store really is a necessity but smaller, repeatable item sales versus more expensive, bigger account unlocks should help the game, overall.

Bigger, more expensive account-wide unlocks force Cryptic to constantly develop new assets... and also to eat a bigger loss if the big items don't sell at higher prices.