Lt. Commander
# 1 New Star Trek game at E3
06-14-2011, 01:33 PM
I don't know how many of yall saw the trailer for the new game that was shown at E3, but I thought it was pretty cool.

For those that don't know, it's a single player game based in the JJ Abrams universe between the first and second films. The article is in the 360 section, but it also says that it will be on all three platforms and is slated for August of next year. If yall haven't seen it or any info on it, here is an article with a video at G4tv: Here
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Yes, the trailer makes it look awesome. But, i have been disapointed before by trailers.

Anyone see the trailer for Dead Island? Best trailer. Ever.
Game. Not so much
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll play almost anything ST, but that game looks a lot like a Mass Effect Star Trek mod.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged1 View Post
I'll play almost anything ST, but that game looks a lot like a Mass Effect Star Trek mod.
It pretty muc his.

That and maybe a CoD copy too haha.

I'll probably buy it, but, I don't know...I hate the JJ-Verse to be honest.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2011, 04:23 PM
It reminded me of Dead Space a little, with the space flying sequences. I'll most likely play it while wishing someone would mod a tng/ds9/voy era version of it.

but yeah, nice to see more trek...
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2011, 05:10 PM

YES YES YES!! That looks so awesome. Now I am going to have to buy a Game Consol to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Yes, it looks awesome! WE shall see what comes of it, though i have to ask is the purpose of this title and that of infinity in response to being disappointed with STO? Why bring out other STGaming titles?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks a lot like ST Bridge Commander. Maybe its an add on to those games. What some may not have noticed at the end of the trailer; its Free to Play browser based. Can't be disappointed with free to play, because noone made any promises. I'd like to know if players will be able to play Klingon and/or Cardassians on that one. The old ST BC game the only way you could play Klingon or Romulan was if you played PvP and that wasn't the greatest experience for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zejak View Post
Looks a lot like ST Bridge Commander. Maybe its an add on to those games. What some may not have noticed at the end of the trailer; its Free to Play browser based. Can't be disappointed with free to play, because noone made any promises. I'd like to know if players will be able to play Klingon and/or Cardassians on that one. The old ST BC game the only way you could play Klingon or Romulan was if you played PvP and that wasn't the greatest experience for me.
You are getting the two new titles coming out mixed up, one is a Broswer base which is called Star Trek Infinite and takes place during the DS9/Dominion War. The other is based on the JJAbrams movie and takes place during that timeline.

As for the older titles, these have nothing to do with either one. Dont even get me started, as those titles had more to offer than what we currently have in the means of gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Star Trek game is Based on JJ Universe which is ALTERNATE REALITY Universe and this game also comes with Playstation Move Star Trek Phaser Gun Style Attachment.