Lt. Commander
# 31
06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainu
After working on it slowly for a while, I finally did it.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7...1050119330.jpg

[...]

So here's my question...has anyone else done this, or am I the first?
(When I started this whole endeavour, level 45 was still the level cap at the time...)
Been there, done that.

2010/09/14

Nice work though Ainu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Indeed, quite impressive.
Did you get moments where you felt like just giving up and leveling?
There are more 'challenging' things than just to grind a 'few' diplomatic missions. Without outside help it still is THE ironman challenge of STO though. :p
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:

I hit level 51 on my Tactical Officer without levelling up at all. I did spend a few skill points, but not enough to actually get to Lieutenant, and definitely not enough to get any special abilities, such as Evasive Maneuvers.

It was a lot of diplomatic missions, ground missions, Ker'rat, DSEs, and a few higher level missions when I had a friend to help me with all the space combat.

After about level 30 or so, space combat became extremely difficult if not impossible for me to solo. Even though I was using the Constitution class ship with the blue phasers that level with you, the lack of weapon slots, ensign only BO abilities, and Mark II shields, engines, deflectors, and consoles all made it too difficult.

On the other hand, for ground combat, Mark II personal shields didn't really hurt too much, when I had the ground weapons from the Featured Series that level with you.

(When I started this whole endeavour, level 45 was still the level cap at the time...)
with one of my tac VA i went to LT5 before spending skill points but other than that game is too (insert word here) to go w/o aleast 2 rear slots but i will try this with a sci officer.

i dare u to do it again on elite difficulty
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasten_Blaster View Post
[...]
i dare u to do it again on elite difficulty
there is no difference if you do it on normal or elite difficulty. as the most effective way is to just do diplomatic missions, which have no enemies inside.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Wow, that is slightly crazy, mostly stupid, but I guess the feeling of accomplishment must be awesome.
Lt. Commander
Now someone do it on a Klingon!

With even less content, it would be painful.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:

I hit level 51 on my Tactical Officer without levelling up at all. I did spend a few skill points, but not enough to actually get to Lieutenant, and definitely not enough to get any special abilities, such as Evasive Maneuvers.

It was a lot of diplomatic missions, ground missions, Ker'rat, DSEs, and a few higher level missions when I had a friend to help me with all the space combat.

After about level 30 or so, space combat became extremely difficult if not impossible for me to solo. Even though I was using the Constitution class ship with the blue phasers that level with you, the lack of weapon slots, ensign only BO abilities, and Mark II shields, engines, deflectors, and consoles all made it too difficult.

On the other hand, for ground combat, Mark II personal shields didn't really hurt too much, when I had the ground weapons from the Featured Series that level with you.

Well Color old Mongo impressed!

That is tenacity and determination all rolled up into one. and no, you are the first I know if that have completed this. Feel free to group up with me if you need help anytime.

and if you need to blow up a klink or two, holler I'll let you use my klinks as target practice.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Wow.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Indeed, quite impressive.
Did you get moments where you felt like just giving up and leveling?
Quite a few times, but I figured that since I had gotten so far already, I might as well keep going for a little bit more.

Though now that I'm 51, I haven't gotten past Ensign still, and it's been *really* tempting to just spend all my skill points at one. I'm resisting so far though, and have been slowly grinding out some Emblems...not that anything I can buy with Emblems I can use, as an Ensign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I know several people who've done it. I myself got to around Ensign 21 or so. I did it as a challenge initially. Not teaming, no Kerrat or any of that. Straight Cryptic missions and an occasional DSE. I found that it wasn't that hard which was what I had hoped it'd be, just kinda boring. So I finally just leveled and got my nice ship.

Congrats nonetheless!
Up to 21 wasn't too bad. The difficulty range doesn't start becoming near insurmountable until closer to the 30's. That's about when I started having to do more diplomatic type missions, or maybe find a group, which was tough, as I'm not in an active fleet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom View Post
Been there, done that.

2010/09/14

Nice work though Ainu

There are more 'challenging' things than just to grind a 'few' diplomatic missions. Without outside help it still is THE ironman challenge of STO though. :p
I figured someone else would have to have done it. I started this quite a while ago, but slowed down a lot in the later levels, since I didn't really have outside help for more than a few missions, and did quite a few levels solely on 'Rescue the Deferi Captives'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
Well Color old Mongo impressed!

That is tenacity and determination all rolled up into one. and no, you are the first I know if that have completed this. Feel free to group up with me if you need help anytime.

and if you need to blow up a klink or two, holler I'll let you use my klinks as target practice.
Thanks. I'm still wanting to see if I can do the STFs...Infected and Cure at least. KA I'm not so sure about since I would basically have to be carried for space parts.

I don't think I need Klingons though, as I'm avoiding non Ker'rat PVP dailies, since I wouldn't be of any help to my team. Even Ker'rat, I have problems with Klingons who think it's fun to 1 shot me every time I spawn. I figure they'd get tired of it eventually and realize I can't put up any sort of fight...but I guess not.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Wow.... you make my proposed project to get to VA in only a shuttle or fighter look silly and simple by comparison....

Kudos are due you for such an amazing, if insane, accomplishment.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Well done. When I win the Powerball and buy Cryptic, you will get a forum title for this.