Lt. Commander
# 31 :)
06-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Hi, Wishy!

I was wondering if the bug will affect those of us who have already purchased the officers? I bought one of each before they were pulled, and I just hope that it won't affect them. Jhamel and Eartha Kitt, my two newest crew members, would appreciate any reassurances you (or others) could provide.

(Oh, and Wishy for Cryptic Empress!)
And who said the forums had lost its humor
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Those of us who already picked them up... are we at risk for something negative due to the bug?
Only if you bought the item for your KDF officer. KDF characters cannot use these items. Please contact CS if you bought one and are stuck with this commission on your KDF character.

The fix for this is going live right now as we take down the servers briefly!
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
two questions...

1. Did they fix the Caitian fur/hair/mane like they should have?!?

2. Can you purchase multiple Catian Boffs to fill you Bridge crew?!?

if 1. is a no, then a disappointed "maybe next Season"...

if 2, is a yes, then the devs need to hurry the heck up so i can buy 5 Boffs and caitian Captain, and name my ships the U.S.S. Litterbox - Speaky Mouse - Catnip - Special Kitty - Meowmix - Furball - etc. at nauseum.

What other Ship names can you come up with to fit the Theme?
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Only if you bought the item for your KDF officer. KDF characters cannot use these items. Please contact CS if you bought one and are stuck with this commission on your KDF character.

The fix for this is going live right now as we take down the servers briefly!
Any reason why Caitians don't work for the Klingon Faction? If memory serves, no word was actually stated that Caitians are/were a member of the Federation, other than having 1 serving on the Enterprise in TAS (which is considered non-canon by most sources).

I understand Aenar being Fed Only as they are essentially just an offshoot of the Andorians (one of the founding members of the Federation). But certainly Caitians should be possible for both factions?

Klingons have it bad enough, why aren't there more releases of EQUAL content for both factions, instead of lopsiding content to the Feds, and then possibly giving a bone to the Klingons?
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Any reason why Caitians don't work for the Klingon Faction? If memory serves, no word was actually stated that Caitians are/were a member of the Federation, other than having 1 serving on the Enterprise in TAS (which is considered non-canon by most sources).

I understand Aenar being Fed Only as they are essentially just an offshoot of the Andorians (one of the founding members of the Federation). But certainly Caitians should be possible for both factions?

Klingons have it bad enough, why aren't there more releases of EQUAL content for both factions, instead of lopsiding content to the Feds, and then possibly giving a bone to the Klingons?
Its generally accepted that they are federation members since "Voyage Home" depicted them in the council chambers (an admiral one). And a lot of TAS stuff was referenced throughout the entire franchise.

Glad a fix is being put in tho. I wanted to buy them this afternoon after waking up but they were "long gone" by then.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-16-2011, 05:20 PM
If you did purchase a Caitian or Aenar bridge officer as a KDF, what will happen to the C-points they used to purchase? Will they be compensated?
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Depends on if you consider Memory Alpha canon. Im pretty certain its considered canon while Memory Beta, soft/non canon. Both have references to the Caitians being part of the Federation as members.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
If you did purchase a Caitian or Aenar bridge officer as a KDF, what will happen to the C-points they used to purchase? Will they be compensated?
Clearly stated in the title and description they were Federation Bridge Officers.
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
They're up on the exchange ^^. -buys-
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWard1701 View Post
Clearly stated in the title and description they were Federation Bridge Officers.
Your reply has nothing to do with my Question.