Lt. Commander
# 1 User missions
06-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Howdy..I have come back to STO and have started user missions..
The first mission is called "Secret Operations and starts at the ship called U.S.S. Apollo...
Where is this ship at? Is there any way I can find the locations of these mission starting points with the limited info provided?
Sorry for being such a nub, but like I said I stopped for awhile...Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 12:58 AM
I consider it the cardinal sin of mission design, but the large majority of foundry authors do it: They put the actual start point in the first dialog box, but NOT in the objective. Some of them don't even highlight it, it's just plopped into the text somewhere. All you can do if you can't find it is drop the mission, pick it back up, and read again. Failing that, you *can* rate a mission without actually finishing it - you get the rating box when you drop it, too. I've given missions 5 star reviews and still complained about this problem in the review.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 08:03 AM
thanx for the reply. Unfortunately there is no starting point stated except 'go to the USS Apollo'....still can't find it
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFarGone
thanx for the reply. Unfortunately there is no starting point stated except 'go to the USS Apollo'....still can't find it
That's Hevach's point. Some people create missions without telling players where to go. If it doesn't tell you where to go then that means you cannot do that mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-17-2011, 08:43 AM
from the 3'd dialouge after you press Hail:

Quote:
... there is a wall console outside the transporter room. Use it to input the coordinates of the apollo.
(Transporter room on ESD).

Yes... big mistake by the authour not to include entry point, where it is visible at all times...