Lt. Commander
# 61
06-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Well here were the options for this...

A... An exact copy of the PI Canis Mission replicated in all the sectors... same mission with just a different location.

Or

B... This new model... Where the gameplay can and will change everytime you take a chance and enter one of these maps.
How bout instead:

C) Make Klingon versions of all the Federation patrols?

See now that would be a selling point. That would get people to actually play the faction.

These missions will be completely meaningless. We need PvP with meaning.
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Ok...So any Fedside in the area will have a popup that tells them some dirty old Klingon is attacking poor defenseless freighters and it's their duty to go defend them?

This could be interesting.....
It's called a gankfest. I'd like to know if the Feddies actually have anything to lose.

EDIT: Should have kept reading before I posted this, so Feddies lose out on rewards if they fail to defend, that's better. It sounds liek an interesting system, and I am now not completely against it, but we also need pure PvE in these sectors.

As cool as these are for the PvPers, they aren't going to matter in the end. They won't have as much meaning as a true territory control system, and they won't draw in new players to the KDF, unlike a large set of patrol missions would.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
It's called a gankfest. I'd like to know if the Feddies actually have anything to lose.
Only if they allow Lts into instances with Lt Gens....or allow spawn point camping...could be a gank fest either way.

Anytime there's Open PvP...you will probably see it. Doesn't matter which side...Open PvP begets Gankfest.

End of Open Beta event...they allowed KDF to enter Sol space...Feddies spawn camped the KDF as they zoned in...Blowing them up before they'd even have control of their ships.

I KNOW this will happen if they don't take precautions....
Lt. Commander
# 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So with all these new sectors being opened up, there wont be any new content for the majority of people who just want to PVE without the risk of being pulled into PVP?
That's basically what he's saying, yeah. Unless they have something special up their sleeves. I'm pretty disenchanted right now.
Lt. Commander
# 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
So with all these new sectors being opened up, there wont be any new content for the majority of people who just want to PVE without the risk of being pulled into PVP?
Well, there'll be the future Feature Episodes, so more Starfleet missions with a thin veneer of Klingon wrapped over them.
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Well, there'll be the future Feature Episodes, so more Starfleet missions with a thin veneer of Klingon wrapped over them.
Yyyyyyyeep.

I refer again to Katic's ridiculously insightful post. I think I'll put it in my sig.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=56
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Sarcastic Venom Award!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
How bout instead:

C) Make Klingon versions of all the Federation patrols?

See now that would be a selling point. That would get people to actually play the faction.

These missions will be completely meaningless. We need PvP with meaning.
Have you played Fed patrols?

1) They're nonrepeatable, so once you've done them, you can never go back (as if you'd want to, see below).

2) They're lame, especially compared to KDF patrols where you're actually trying to do something under a time limit.
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
As a primarily PvE player, I am rather intrigued by the new "open PvP" system and would happily give it a shot from time to time. It's just one step away from territory control, after all, which is what I really want in a PvP system.

Still, that doesn't mean that I don't want more PvE missions. Hell, I want a crapton of them, even if they're nothing more than patrol missions. We need variety and giving the KDF almost exclusively PvP missions when we need PvE worse doesn't make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 70
06-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Have you played Fed patrols?

1) They're nonrepeatable, so once you've done them, you can never go back (as if you'd want to, see below).

2) They're lame, especially compared to KDF patrols where you're actually trying to do something under a time limit.
while they may be boring i honestly liked doing them. Good experience. My best friend and I do them any time we roll alts.