Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 91
06-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
two questions...

1. Did they fix the Caitian fur/hair/mane like they should have?!?

2. Can you purchase multiple Catian Boffs to fill you Bridge crew?!?

if 1. is a no, then a disappointed "maybe next Season"...

if 2, is a yes, then the devs need to hurry the heck up so i can buy 5 Boffs and caitian Captain, and name my ships the U.S.S. Litterbox - Speaky Mouse - Catnip - Special Kitty - Meowmix - Furball - etc. at nauseum.

What other Ship names can you come up with to fit the Theme?
1. Dont know.

2. Yes.

USS Felix - Garfield - Bagpuss - Heathcliff - Jess - ***** Galore - Lolcats - HasCheeseburger - KeyboardCat - ...
Lt. Commander
# 92
06-16-2011, 04:54 PM
USS Morris the Cat - USS 9 lives
Lt. Commander
# 93
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
And it looks like the server is back up and the BOFF are available again. Let's see where the market takes them, price wise.
Lt. Commander
# 94
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
are the bos for all characters on account or character based?
Lt. Commander
# 95
06-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelphoenix12 View Post
Per character, but you can buy multiples of them (they are not unique).
Lt. Commander
# 96
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
They are not worth the points or money
Lt. Commander
# 97
06-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Guys you do know that the C-Store is one way they're using to actually help support the development of things like Season 4 to begin with?
I don't know where people keep getting this idea from but it is not true. Cryptic has themselves stated several times that cstore profits go toward making more cstore items to sell, not toward development of the actual game.

and am I the only one seeing a pattern here? Think about it, its starting to look very much like cryptic identifies items that alot of people want and that they know people will pay absurd amounts to get, and then churn them out in a way that makes them as much money as possible - even if that means altering the way the item is sold in comparison to other items of its type. Notice the TOS bridge pack and now the Caitian BO's (both very popular items that people wanted cryptic to release for a long time) follow this pattern.

Just something to think about
Lt. Commander
# 98
06-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser617 View Post
Does this mean that the purchases of the BOFFs are not account wide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelphoenix12 View Post
Even worse, not only are the purchases not account wide, but the tokens are one shots meaning you have to buy multiple tokens for multiple boffs, they are like the services page where you buy each one you want. So 100 points each.
Lt. Commander
# 99
06-18-2011, 03:44 PM
I for one do not have any issue with this new method.
Yes they are not account wide but being able to choose what one you want as in Sci, Tac, and eng.
Aalso the ability to have more than one on your crew far out weighs the price. IMO

Also I'm sure that they will be added into the mix as others are, it's far better for me to spend that buck then pray for one in a reward. Never had any luck with Boffs lol all piggies or ferengis etc LMAO

Heck before you had no way of having more than one of the C-store or reward boffs