Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-18-2011, 07:16 PM
First, thank you!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated. I say that this thread should be stickied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
In the Federation, Humans are Common while Andorians, Tellarites and Vulcans are Uncommon. All other Federation species are Rare or Very Rare (the latter only currently used for Federation Klingons, I believe).

In the Klingon Empire, Klingons are Common while Orions, Nausicaans and Gorn are Uncommon. Letheans are Rare.
I noticed there are no very rare KDF DOffs. Are there plans to add them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Rarity and quality are correlated, but not rigidly linked - rarity is Common, Uncommon, Rare, Very Rare. Quality is White, Green, Blue, Purple. For the Federation, a Human of White quality is Common, while an Andorian of White quality is Uncommon. For the Klingons, a Klingon of White quality is Common, while an Orion of White quality is Uncommon. For assignments, quality and rarity is, however, linked, with Common always correlating to White quality, Uncommon with Green, and so on.
Having DOff quality and rarity more-or-less disassociated, but assignment quality and rarity linked, is difficult to get my head around. So it would be better to send a DOff with matching rarity/quality to the assignment than, say, opposite, right? So Common Johnny Purple is perfect for a Common Purple mission (do assignments have quality?) while Rare Bob White is not so good, assuming there aren't other mission requirements. Is that correct?

Z