Lt. Commander
# 1 K't'inga Refit?
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I remember hearing about this going on a while ago and then nothing.

Can anyone from Cryptic give an update on this project?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenzy View Post
I remember hearing about this going on a while ago and then nothing.

Can anyone from Cryptic give an update on this project?
I'd love to hear something on this as well .

Ever since it was announced to come out alongside the VoríCha and Beírel LINK, I've looked forward to when a properly fitted and detailed K'tinga will show up but as each season comes and goes it never appears.

I've got points sitting idle in the c-store, a pile of emblems, and two ship plaques collecting dust just waiting for the chance to plonk them down on this iconic ship that is IMO the very embodiment of the Klingon Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-18-2011, 04:50 PM
do you mean retrofit? there is a k'tinga refit at tier 3
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Well since its going to be a Klingon only refit, I realy don't see them doing it now.Now if it could involved the Fed ship yard and make the game better for them,we might get it sooner.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Seriously just cut and paste the excelsior files and throw a ktinga skin on it.

Done

Kdf population happy +1
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
do you mean retrofit? there is a k'tinga refit at tier 3
I made the assumption the OP meant the retrofit given that the question asked for an "update" and I have never heard of any changes or plans of any kind for the squished looking T3 refit cryptic made ....<shrugs>... I could be wrong.

However a number of players have been waiting patiently for the K'tinga retrofit and have not gotten any updates since the initial announcements for it. For my personal preference I would rather have had it released first before either of the other two retrofits.

As a side note: DStahl mentioned recently [LINK] that these items are actively being worked on - "Several new ships and/or variants to fill in ship gaps at all tiers (FED and KDF)". If Cryptic is truly putting resources into a KDF ship, I hope it is the K'tinga retrofit.... not holding my breath though since I don't want to turn blue and I like breathing! :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenzy View Post
Seriously just cut and paste the excelsior files and throw a ktinga skin on it.

Done

Kdf population happy +1
The Excelsior was something like 450 meters long, but the K'tinga is around 230 meters long. Of course we're dealing with a T5 K'Tinga so maybe nearly doubling it's size would be okay, but at that point it's not really a K'Tinga.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Raptor Refit
06-20-2011, 09:54 AM
You mean KDF Raptor refit , with battle cloak.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaCreeps
You mean KDF Raptor refit , with battle cloak.
I'm sure I understand...what do you mean?
How does the Raptor come into play in the context of this thread?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-21-2011, 02:30 AM
i would like to see a klingon cruiser with an excelsior like station setup, but not the ktinga im afraid. it was an 'old battle cruiser' during the dominion war, and should be a tier 1 klingon ship with about the same stats as the Miranda. the bop has turned out to be a much more ageless platform, even when looking the same as the 23rd century original they were upgraded enough over the years to keep up with the defiant.