Lt. Commander
On my tactical officer, I would like to train my Reman BO up for away missions, however I was wondering if there was a way I could get the skills I want (Medical Tricorder 3 and Tricorder Scan 3) without relying on luck to find them on the Exchange.

I know science officers can train those skills, but that doesn't seem to help much, as any BO I train up with my science and transfer to my tactical immediately becomes commisioned and therefore cannot train my Reman.

Anyone know a way to do this? Or am I stuck hoping I find the right BOs on the Exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-19-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_officer_abilities
Link has a rundown of how to get various skills.

You're out of luck on those skills, they're only trained by captains, you can't find officer candidates with them. So bound bridge officers that aren't your own department can't get them.

It's not that the bridge officers automatically become commissioned, it's that they can't be trained unless they already are commissioned, and once they are there's no way to go back to being candidates, they remain commissioned if they're transferred.

The good news, the Reman works just fine without level 3 skills. Even more so in the ground combat revamp on tribble, though he's been my healer on elite ground content for months as he is. He'll lack a bit of the oomph you could get with a different Boff, but he makes up for it with his massive AOE knockback, which is a real life saver.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't remember for sure, but its possible that the skills you want are trainable by Science Captains, namely other players who have reached at least the rank of Captain and are Science officers.

If these skills are trainable by them, and they have the proper amount of points in skills to train those skills, then you would have to take all the equipment off your officer and trade them to the person to train them, who would train them in the skill and trade them back.

Unfortunately, however, the Reman officer isn't tradeable, so you can't trade him to be trained by anyone. So in that instance, you'll either have to use a non commissioned bridge officer to train him in a skill, or find an officer on the exchange that has the proper skill to train him, assuming those skills are available for training by a normal bridge officer, which I'm not entirely sure they are. Several of the unique officers, such as the Reman, the Liberated Borg you get from the C Store, and the Breen are not tradeable.

I know its not a lot of help, but hopefully it answered your questions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM
I have never seen Medical Tricorder III on any random Boff, I think that skill is only trainable by another Captain. Tricorder Scan III is available through the new Aenar science officers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Joseph Harris
I don't remember for sure, but its possible that the skills you want are trainable by Science Captains, namely other players who have reached at least the rank of Captain and are Science officers.

If these skills are trainable by them, and they have the proper amount of points in skills to train those skills, then you would have to take all the equipment off your officer and trade them to the person to train them, who would train them in the skill and trade them back.

Unfortunately, however, the Reman officer isn't tradeable, so you can't trade him to be trained by anyone. So in that instance, you'll either have to use a non commissioned bridge officer to train him in a skill, or find an officer on the exchange that has the proper skill to train him, assuming those skills are available for training by a normal bridge officer, which I'm not entirely sure they are. Several of the unique officers, such as the Reman, the Liberated Borg you get from the C Store, and the Breen are not tradeable.

I know its not a lot of help, but hopefully it answered your questions.
The skills can definitely be trained by science officers, but I have no way of getting my Reman to the officer for training. I was more wondering if there was any way to bring the skills to the BO, so to speak. Preferably without spending millions on the exchange.

I even thought about training a random BO from ESD and putting them on the exchange to trade them that way, but it seems you can only train non-commisioned officers on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I have never seen Medical Tricorder III on any random Boff, I think that skill is only trainable by another Captain. Tricorder Scan III is available through the new Aenar science officers.
Unfortunately, I'd want the Aenar BO to stay on board too, instead of just using it to train then getting rid of it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bort1980 View Post
Unfortunately, I'd want the Aenar BO to stay on board too, instead of just using it to train then getting rid of it.
You can just get another Aenar. They are decently priced on the Exchange. Or pay the cash and get another.