Lt. Commander
# 11
06-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Then, why didn't you use branching options? I know it is some work, but so worth it!

If you want to, mail me inGame and we can talk about it. I just feel the beauty of the maps is wasted on the overall shortness & straight forward solution in the end.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
Then, why didn't you use branching options? I know it is some work, but so worth it!

If you want to, mail me inGame and we can talk about it. I just feel the beauty of the maps is wasted on the overall shortness & straight forward solution in the end.
Strictly speaking, branching options aren't possible, unless there was some stealth update I wasn't aware of.

The best I could do was fail states in dialogue and having patrols from the local garrison (depending on the route you take).
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I know my missions are in German, but, yes, you can do branching options with a bit of trigger work and it does not have to be (too) confusing for the player. Lets talk about it someday.

What's a mystery without an investigation that could lead to... Grossly wrong decisions.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
I know my missions are in German, but, yes, you can do branching options with a bit of trigger work and it does not have to be (too) confusing for the player. Lets talk about it someday.

What's a mystery without an investigation that could lead to... Grossly wrong decisions.
Dude. I've started working on triggers last night.

I've got a really nice one set-up in a mission: you can't find a Cardassian defector and are given the option whether or not to break communications silence (there's a reason to do so and a reason not to).

Completely different dialogue choices appear and there's combat and more that can happen.

I'm incorporating it into each mission in subtle ways: whether an allergic reaction to [redacted] at [redacted] for your Captain to whether or not Supervisor Rigby dies.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-20-2011, 08:05 AM
the city looked incredible, and i liked the set up. maybe it was me but i found the story hard to follow as to what was going on. maybe it was im not used to the out of character text, or all the klingon names or possibly just not paying enough attention.

was a bit short, would have liked it to have been twice as long.

the opening was confusing as you say go to otha system in eta eridani but on the first goal it says seeda. now seedea (similar spelling) is an actual system in pi canis and it threw me off as after getting to eta i almost turned round to go back to pi canis. i think it could do with some adjustments.

the opening start text when you reach the system should probably say 'begin' rather than 'continue', although thats just a personal thing.

the ending was also very abrupt. needed a closing dialogue from a Bridge officer or something.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the city looked incredible, and i liked the set up. maybe it was me but i found the story hard to follow as to what was going on. maybe it was im not used to the out of character text, or all the klingon names or possibly just not paying enough attention.

was a bit short, would have liked it to have been twice as long.

the opening was confusing as you say go to otha system in eta eridani but on the first goal it says seeda. now seedea (similar spelling) is an actual system in pi canis and it threw me off as after getting to eta i almost turned round to go back to pi canis. i think it could do with some adjustments.

the opening start text when you reach the system should probably say 'begin' rather than 'continue', although thats just a personal thing.

the ending was also very abrupt. needed a closing dialogue from a Bridge officer or something.
I'll need to make another pass. I briefly published it to gather video footage for trailers than removed some parts. I should probably put them back in.

These branching dialogues are hard to judge