Lt. Commander
# 1081
06-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
They're coming along. I expect to have them posted before the end of the week.

Nice!!

I look forward to seeing them.
Lt. Commander
# 1082
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
And here they are, the Research and Development uniform variants.

Extrapolating from the technicians and scientific personnel seen in the various series and films, I took the colors and styles they used and applied them to the 25th Century uniforms. These look especially good when using Science and Engineering Kits, but pretty much any kit works well.

Research and Development Uniforms

A05 Uniform
A05 Project Leader Uniform
B01 Uniform
B01 Project Leader Uniform
Jupiter 03 Uniform
Jupiter 03 Project Leader Uniform
Jupiter 05 Uniform
Jupiter 05 Project Leader Uniform

These have been added to the Soft Canon / Fan Choice Uniforms section for easy reference. I hope you like them.

Enjoy!

Coming soon: Starfleet Marine Corps Uniforms.

Lt. Commander
# 1083
06-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Quote:

Extrapolating from the technicians and scientific personnel seen in the various series and films, I took the colors and styles they used and applied them to the 25th Century uniforms. These look especially good when using Science and Engineering Kits, but pretty much any kit works well.

A05 Uniform
B01 Uniform
Jupiter 03 Uniform
Jupiter 05 Uniform

These have been added to the Soft Canon / Fan Choice Uniforms section for easy reference. I hope you like them.

Enjoy!

Those look fun.

Think I'll use the Jupiter 5 variant for my main R&D Character.

Thank you very much!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 1084
06-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Quote:

A05 Uniform
B01 Uniform
Jupiter 03 Uniform
Jupiter 05 Uniform

Enjoy!

Those are all very fine and very welcome additions to the 25th century uniform variations! Nice job with them!

Blackavaar...in a post or several back you said that with the Jupiter Veteran belt it wasn't possible to alter the colour of the hoops to match the uniform jacket like you could with the other Jupiter belt. I was wondering if you had made the devs aware of this issue and if so have they responded?
Lt. Commander
# 1085
06-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
And here they are, the Research and Development uniform variants...
Those look good. Good shade of orange. I especially like the B01 variants. I added these to a couple of my Engineer characters.

BTW, what was your inspiration for these? Forgive my ignorance, but which character(s) wore orange and white R&D unis in canon?
Lt. Commander
# 1086
06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Those are all very fine and very welcome additions to the 25th century uniform variations! Nice job with them!

Blackavaar...in a post or several back you said that with the Jupiter Veteran belt it wasn't possible to alter the colour of the hoops to match the uniform jacket like you could with the other Jupiter belt. I was wondering if you had made the devs aware of this issue and if so have they responded?
If he did, I hope he didn't try it with a PM. The most he'll get in response to a PM is an automated message saying, "We don't respond to PMs. If there is an issue you wish to inform us of, please visit Atari Support."

And when you get there, there are so many hurdles to jump through that it's easier to just leave the site and wait for Ask Cryptic to try bringing their attention to the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 1087
06-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamato
Those look fun.

Think I'll use the Jupiter 5 variant for my main R&D Character.

Thank you very much!!!!
Any time, man. I'm glad you like them.
BTW, the A05 variant has become my Standard crafting outfit. If you see me at Memory Alpha, that's what I'll be wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Those look good. Good shade of orange. I especially like the B01 variants. I added these to a couple of my Engineer characters.

BTW, what was your inspiration for these? Forgive my ignorance, but which character(s) wore orange and white R&D unis in canon?
Orange was worn by Technicians (especially aboard space stations) in TOS and various DS9 episodes. White was worn commonly by Science teams in many episodes of the TOS series and films. I just combined the two to get the R&D look, since R&D would make use of both Scientists and Engineers.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post

If he did, I hope he didn't try it with a PM. The most he'll get in response to a PM is an automated message saying, "We don't respond to PMs. If there is an issue you wish to inform us of, please visit Atari Support."

And when you get there, there are so many hurdles to jump through that it's easier to just leave the site and wait for Ask Cryptic to try bringing their attention to the issue.
I sent up a Ticket about it in-game. It would help if others did the same. That's about the best you can do. PMs don't work and posts about costumes in the Feedback forums don't generally get a lot of attention.

I've been trying to get some attention for the Orion Harnesses (can't be worn with Bare Chest any more and look incredibly clippy and stupid with Armor) and the WoK belt (flimsy and cheap looking) too. I might post another thread there soon anyway. The Jupiter Vet belt will be included.

Lt. Commander
# 1088
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Any time, man. I'm glad you like them.
BTW, the A05 variant has become my Standard crafting outfit. If you see me at Memory Alpha, that's what I'll be wearing.
The Jupiter 5 Project Leader Variant is what I have my crafter character wearing--the only time she doesn't wear it is when she's on a mission.

Quote:
I sent up a Ticket about it in-game. It would help if others did the same. That's about the best you can do. PMs don't work and posts about costumes in the Feedback forums don't generally get a lot of attention.

I've been trying to get some attention for the Orion Harnesses (can't be worn with Bare Chest any more and look incredibly clippy and stupid with Armor) and the WoK belt (flimsy and cheap looking) too. I might post another thread there soon anyway. The Jupiter Vet belt will be included.
Another thing you can do is wait for the Ask Cryptic Question Submission Thread, and then list the issues you want to address and ask if there are plans to fix them. For example, I'm going to ask for more costume pieces in the Foundry Editor, Hargh'Peng Torpedoes for Klingons, Shuttle Interiors, and the introduction of Katanas into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 1089
06-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Another thing you can do is wait for the Ask Cryptic Question Submission Thread, and then list the issues you want to address and ask if there are plans to fix them. For example, I'm going to ask for more costume pieces in the Foundry Editor, Hargh'Peng Torpedoes for Klingons, Shuttle Interiors, and the introduction of Katanas into the game.
I will consider doing that.

I posted a new thread in the Art of Star Trek Online forum, under Feedback. You can find it here if you wish to read it. Feel free to add anything that especially bothers you.

Lt. Commander
# 1090
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll put an in-game ticket with the devs about the colours of the Jupiter veteran belt as soon as I can.