Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
06-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Well those obviously only work when there are asteroids around so what do you do when you don't have those available?
Lol

Mr Dee, this game full of asteroids.

*giggles*
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
Here's what I think:

We (the KDF) should seize and claim Empok Nor for our own, we will rechristen it yoDjuH'a' vo' 'Iw. It's very name will freeze the hearts of our enemies.

It would only require the alteration of one mission Fed-side (the Long Night, make it some other Cardassian Station left over from the Dominion War set in Zeta Adndromedae), the art assets are already in the game, and the upcoming revamp of DS9 for the next FE could benefit us as well.

We should also seize a former Reman base ala Frozen, a Romulan D'Deridex Cruiser buried in an asteroid, with fully functioning cloaking device, would make an excellent advanced operations base in either the Psi Velorum, or Iota Pavonis Sector blocks, and again, the art assets are already there.

Throw in the long-promised KDF version of Diplomacy, and we could even get our own version of the Diplomatic Transwarp accolades (to Ganalda, Empok Nor, & ~buried D'Deridex~ respectively).

And, because we'll be gaining access to all sectors but Sirius, we could even mount a campaign for our own Advanced Heavy Battle Cruiser Retrofit with Sector-Transwarp.

All this would be possible with relatively little investment from Cryptic, I think, at least, little investment compared to creating two brand new KDF Stations, with their own assets, layouts, etc..
Great ideas! Especially the bit about Empok Nor.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-22-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
At least DS9 should be shared out.
Well as far as I know there will be a featured series including DS9, so most likley they will give us access then.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Lau
I think if this were the case then KDF can only access the Promenade and Exchange, and the Klingons and Federation have separate shipyards (Now located in the docking pylons, of course.
IF KDF gets access to DS9 it will be as "guests", why should they get an own shipyard? Also, programming a second shipyard is unnecessary more work to do that can be spend on more usefull things...

Quote:
Here's what I think:

We (the KDF) should seize and claim Empok Nor for our own, we will rechristen it yoDjuH'a' vo' 'Iw. It's very name will freeze the hearts of our enemies.

It would only require the alteration of one mission Fed-side (the Long Night, make it some other Cardassian Station left over from the Dominion War set in Zeta Adndromedae), the art assets are already in the game, and the upcoming revamp of DS9 for the next FE could benefit us as well.

We should also seize a former Reman base ala Frozen, a Romulan D'Deridex Cruiser buried in an asteroid, with fully functioning cloaking device, would make an excellent advanced operations base in either the Psi Velorum, or Iota Pavonis Sector blocks, and again, the art assets are already there.

Throw in the long-promised KDF version of Diplomacy, and we could even get our own version of the Diplomatic Transwarp accolades (to Ganalda, Empok Nor, & ~buried D'Deridex~ respectively).

And, because we'll be gaining access to all sectors but Sirius, we could even mount a campaign for our own Advanced Heavy Battle Cruiser Retrofit with Sector-Transwarp.

All this would be possible with relatively little investment from Cryptic, I think, at least, little investment compared to creating two brand new KDF Stations, with their own assets, layouts, etc..
Nice Idea (although I prefer the Idea of Carriers as mobile outposts from Dees posts that I was to lazy to quote); still I'd prefer access to Ds9, its an Iconic place where eberybody should have access to, and it is an important social hub for RP.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Nice Idea (although I prefer the Idea of Carriers as mobile outposts from Dees posts that I was to lazy to quote); still I'd prefer access to Ds9, its an Iconic place where eberybody should have access to, and it is an important social hub for RP.
Um.. Empok Nor is Terok Nors (DS9s) sister Station, same design, different actual Station. The Feds would still have DS9 proper, the KDF would get a mirror, taken (by force, preferably) from the True Way.

In fact, wouldn't it be cool if we got to see the entire process of the KDF seizing Empok Nor?

First, we get a new raid mission, where we attack & destroy True Way & Rogue Dominion Patrols.

Then, we get a defense mission, setting up a sensor net and automatic defenses for the requisite satellites to form a path for our forces to move through to Empok Nor. (A daily could be introduced afterward along the lines of the Traelus system Satellite Repair.)

Then, the invasion of Empok Nor itself, we lay siege to the barely operational station, invade it's labyrinthine halls, and force the True Way & their Alpha Jem'Hadar allies to surrender, die, or, surrender then die, their choice.

Then, we get the rarest of the rares, a KDF non-combat mission.
  • Tactical Officers re-arm the station, sweep it for "surprises" left behind, and interrogate any captured petaQ that have the dishonor of having survived.
  • Scientists repair & upgrade it's sensor arrays, heal injured members of the KDF, and recover any files still left in the Main Computer.
  • Engineers get to run around repairing damaged EPS conduits, the Turbolifts, the Shield Array, and upgrade the main Power core.

Each stage should be a week-long event, much like the FEs, it will help the KDF gain population, and can be replayed via mission replay once it's over for grinding XP. It should not come with gear rewards, as that will end up tempting the Devs to make it Faction Neutral somehow. (Don't put it past them, they'll do it!)

After all of them have completed, the KDF gains permanent access to yoDjuH'a' vo' 'Iw as their primary base of operations in the Alpha Trianguli System Block.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Even if they don't like the idea of giving us Empok Nor, there are 8 other named Nor-class stations in soft canon, so we are not out of our place to point out the distinct possibility of other abandoned facilities in former Cardassian space.

Litvok Nor for example, it was located in the Alioth system, the area was ceased in 2378 by a joint Federation-Klingon-Romulan task force. So the KDF has knowledge of its existence. It's also located near the badlands according to Memory Beta (though it also says close to the Briar Patch but novels never really took into account galactic structure*). It would be a simple task to take the station, it would be located close to Deferi space, so an eventual transwarp would allow for quick access to dailys.

*That is of course assuming that STO has as well.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Even if they don't like the idea of giving us Empok Nor, there are 8 other named Nor-class stations in soft canon, so we are not out of our place to point out the distinct possibility of other abandoned facilities in former Cardassian space.

Litvok Nor for example, it was located in the Alioth system, the area was ceased in 2378 by a joint Federation-Klingon-Romulan task force. So the KDF has knowledge of its existence. It's also located near the badlands according to Memory Beta (though it also says close to the Briar Patch but novels never really took into account galactic structure*). It would be a simple task to take the station, it would be located close to Deferi space, so an eventual transwarp would allow for quick access to dailys.

*That is of course assuming that STO has as well.
That sounds like a plan to me.... but then again it's something that would only benefit us so I doubt highly it would be undertaken and taken seriously by devs.... but that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Well they can throw numbers at us all they want about us being a small population and what not but for balance issues we need a location in these far off instances to off load at a bank, access the exchange, change our ships, log out, drink bloodwine. the Fed's have DS9 in Cardassian space, K7 in the neutral zone, and 39 in Romulan territory. We got Gandala. Balance issues are going to be a problem when you have player having to fly halfway across the galaxy just to access a simple function because their 2 hour cooldown insta bank isn't up.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Um.. Empok Nor is Terok Nors (DS9s) sister Station, same design, different actual Station. The Feds would still have DS9 proper, the KDF would get a mirror, taken (by force, preferably) from the True Way.

In fact, wouldn't it be cool if we got to see the entire process of the KDF seizing Empok Nor?

First, we get a new raid mission, where we attack & destroy True Way & Rogue Dominion Patrols.

Then, we get a defense mission, setting up a sensor net and automatic defenses for the requisite satellites to form a path for our forces to move through to Empok Nor. (A daily could be introduced afterward along the lines of the Traelus system Satellite Repair.)

Then, the invasion of Empok Nor itself, we lay siege to the barely operational station, invade it's labyrinthine halls, and force the True Way & their Alpha Jem'Hadar allies to surrender, die, or, surrender then die, their choice.

Then, we get the rarest of the rares, a KDF non-combat mission.
  • Tactical Officers re-arm the station, sweep it for "surprises" left behind, and interrogate any captured petaQ that have the dishonor of having survived.
  • Scientists repair & upgrade it's sensor arrays, heal injured members of the KDF, and recover any files still left in the Main Computer.
  • Engineers get to run around repairing damaged EPS conduits, the Turbolifts, the Shield Array, and upgrade the main Power core.

Each stage should be a week-long event, much like the FEs, it will help the KDF gain population, and can be replayed via mission replay once it's over for grinding XP. It should not come with gear rewards, as that will end up tempting the Devs to make it Faction Neutral somehow. (Don't put it past them, they'll do it!)

After all of them have completed, the KDF gains permanent access to yoDjuH'a' vo' 'Iw as their primary base of operations in the Alpha Trianguli System Block.
I love this. Any devs lurking out there should really take a look at this.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I am pretty certain Empok Nor won't be handed over to the Klingons.

1. reason: Stahl has stated that adding Romulans and Cardassians are long-term goals. While this station might be in True Way hands - or in time other hostile hands - I believe it might be reserved for the Cardassian faction or missions given to the Cardassian faction if or when they arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Long Term
Designs and features being considered for updates further in the future

More Remastered Episodes
More Fleet Actions
More PVP Maps
Improved Social Planets with social gameplay
More Minigames
More parts for AlienGen
Additional Playable Factions (Romulan, Cardassian...)
New Foundry Features
2. reason: It is highly unlikely the Klingon Empire would be able to snatch it away that far into hostile space. Not only would they have to pass by the Federation fleets and to some degree Federation space, they would have to have the manpower to conquer it from a probably well-fortified enemy, the example being True way.. Not to mention Mirror Universe opposition and the Cardassian military which also exists. If I remember correctly one mission states that the True Way is still outnumbered and out-powered by the Cardassian navy under the control of the Deteppa council (If I remember the dialogue it states the True Way to be about 1/4 the size of the loyal Cardassian fleet). Sadly I can't remember exactly which mission... Would be much obliged if someone found it.

I very much doubt we get stations deep into enemy territories. And even if we did, they would have to be hidden, so as not to be overwhelmed. Say in a Nebula somewhere or something..
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I successfully took over Starbase 114 in the Celes System on Tribble. Now that we've a foothold in federation space I expect cryptic to push this forward onto Holodeck :p