Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
This is a pretty interesting thread about the Prometheus-class over on TrekBBS, Rick Sternbach gives some insights about the torpedo launchers and such: TrekBBS Prometheus-class.
Cool thanks! I'd post where I was reading about similar stuff, but can't find it now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridayUK View Post
Cool thanks! I'd post where I was reading about similar stuff, but can't find it now
Speaking of that... You know I'd bet that Sternbach, Jaeger and the other designers would probably be happy to provide input or chat with Logan if he called and asked for a chat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Yar. The Bird of Prey ships had their impulse and warp engines clustered in the centre fantail. I can't remember which was yellow and which was red right now, though. I remember first noticing it years and years ago when I was putting together a model of it and had to paint the inside of the clear engine cover.

On topic, the Hephaestus' lower hull has some transparency issues with the bow fork. There are some other issues with them listed in the starship errors sticky, as well.

I haven't played my Prometheus type in a while, have you ever added some impulse exhausts to the beta and gamma hulls, yet? They don't have to be visible when the ship is whole; but when it splits, they could be nice and prominent. Insofar as relating to canon, the Prometheus was a prototype ship, like a modern experimental fighter jet. It would not be a stretch of the imagination that changes would be made for the production model.
You have an incredible memory lol!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
06-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Yar. The Bird of Prey ships had their impulse and warp engines clustered in the centre fantail. I can't remember which was yellow and which was red right now, though. I remember first noticing it years and years ago when I was putting together a model of it and had to paint the inside of the clear engine cover.

On topic, the Hephaestus' lower hull has some transparency issues with the bow fork. There are some other issues with them listed in the starship errors sticky, as well.

I haven't played my Prometheus type in a while, have you ever added some impulse exhausts to the beta and gamma hulls, yet? They don't have to be visible when the ship is whole; but when it splits, they could be nice and prominent. Insofar as relating to canon, the Prometheus was a prototype ship, like a modern experimental fighter jet. It would not be a stretch of the imagination that changes would be made for the production model.
The red sections are the warp engines, going by the DS9 episode "Once More Unto the Breach", as you actually see a BoP drop out and go back into warp. You can see some screencaps on this page: Trekcore DS9.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
06-21-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll be thrilled if the Prometheus' MVAM animations can indeed be fixed to account for the parts chosen by the player. When I use that escort vessel, I always stick to the default 'prometheus' variant so that I'll get no visual discrepancies... but I actually am much more fond of the Phoenix-class.

Being able to change the parts to those I'd prefer and not see the animations inaccurate as a result would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
06-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
I don't remember exactly anymore... but I think it was because there was a complaint that some red impulse trails were coming out of there, but there wasn't a clear area that illustrated where the trail was emitting from, so I invented a location for them.

In retrospect this seems like a bad idea, since it conflicts with canon.
i fully support some of these creative additions, its 2409 so there's likely to be visible upgrades here and there. the location of those red vents flanking the center impulse engine is what i always assumed was the location of some major warp drive components, so those vent make sense to me. if there was more of a budget for none starfleet hero ships durring show runs we would have seen more details like this anyway.

also with ships like the connie refit having phaser arrays in game, good! if they are seriously still in service they should have modern detail upgrades like that. the excelsior saucer should have the same thing too if they are still in service, a costume option with them would be nice, if there is ever time.

thanks so much for the excellent quality of your work, we appreciate it so much.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
06-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnLogan
You have an incredible memory lol!
I actually have huge gaps in my memory due to amnesia (Side effect of some medicine I was taking early last year). What memories I have left I do my best not to forget. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
The red sections are the warp engines, going by the DS9 episode "Once More Unto the Breach", as you actually see a BoP drop out and go back into warp. You can see some screencaps on this page: Trekcore DS9.
I've always wondered why more of the non-nacelle equipped KDF ships didn't have the warp+impulse engine cluster in the back with red and yellow.

Personally, I feel that if we have to have engine trails, the BoPs should have the canonical clustered engines and have an over-under red and yellow trail.

But that should probably be saved for a BoP thread. :3
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 PM.