Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Though I know there are many many costume issues the devs need to work on there are a few existing pieces that just keep hounding me. I would like to see these fixed ASAP, regardless of any other additions or expansions.
  1. The Jupiter Veteran Belt only has two color choices. These allow you to set the belt color and the star field color. But the circle and olive branches and the belt hoops cannot be changed. They are both silver and there is nothing you can do about it. This to me makes the belt unusable on most uniforms. These should both be made adjustable so that players can choose the color. The circle and olive branches could be limited to the Badge pallet if necessary but the belt loops should use the Standard pallet so that they can be made to match the uniform they are being worn with.

  2. The Orion Harnesses (for Males) were previously only available in the Bare Chest section, under a special selection called Chest Gear. Since the addition of the Klingon and Nausicaan Chest Armors these Harnesses have been limited to the same selection, but is only available with Armored uniforms. This needs to be separated so that the Orions can once again wear their Harnesses properly. In canon and even in-game (Stranded in Space and various other missions) Orion males wear these Harnesses on their Bare Skin, not with Armored uniforms with which they clip horribly. In some cases they can hardly be seen, they clip so badly. Please remove them from the Armored section and move them to their own selection in the Orion Bare Chest options.

  3. The WoK belt buckle. Seriously, I simply cannot get myself to use this belt any longer now that the Jupiter belt is an option. The buckle looks so cheap and flimsy that I cannot force myself to use it. I even have an entire crew that wears the pre-change WoK uniform. I cannot change them because I know the belt will be ruined if I do. Please fix this problem so that I can.

There are more I'm sure and if anyone has anything to add feel free, but these are the things that hinder me most in my choices of uniforms. I would like to see them fixed before anything else.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-22-2011, 03:14 PM
The Blackavaar speaketh, the masses do listen.

I'd like to see some clipping issues resolved with Klingon sashes and the veteran shoulder pads, both types. And hair, my Orion's hair phases through her vet pads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-22-2011, 04:57 PM
I haven't got the 500 Vet rewards, but being unable to change the belt loop color would likely prevent me from using it. Curiously, is it possible to "fake" the system the way you can on some other items, say, where you wear the regular Jupiter belt, change it's loops to the color you want, then go to the UFP belt and it will inherit the other color?

When I get mine (in ~20 days), if I can't change the color, I'll submit a bug ticket.

I agree, the "new" WoK Belt looks terrible. Frankly, it reminds me of a cheap $1 Store Plastic Toy. I too have officers that have the old costume for fear of losing the old, better, belt. I wish the WoK unis would get some much needed love. Not only is the belt bad, but the rank pips are locked (at Captain, I think), and looks like it's half-torn off.

My biggest personal uniform beefs are:
  • The rank pips on the male Jupiter 04 jacket (06/25 Fixed on Tribble).
  • The rank pips on the male All Good Things uniform have terrible clipping, at least while in the Thoughtful stance that my main character uses.

06/25 Edit:
I just checked Tribble and they have fixed the Jupiter 04 rank pips, so that's great!
However, the AGT Rank Pips are not fixed yet. I posted a thread and bug report, Tribble-side, and will open on Holodeck if not fixed when S4 goes live:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...01#post3610901
Tribble Ticket #13,509.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Blackavaar!

I have similar feelings regarding the uniforms we have, but what bugs me most are these things.

Colors:
I really cannot comprehend why there have to be different color palettes on one and the same uniform.
(Why not just use one and the same color palette for all uniforms?!?)
For example the Jupiter 5 Uniform, there is a really black stripe on the upper back of that uniform, or the Jupiter 3 Uniform:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
First:
I find it really annoying, not being able to choose what color i want to use, especially the Jupiter 3 uniform is too chaotic IMHO.
Please take a look at the male variant:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...piter3male.jpg

As you can see (A) should be the same color, but they aren't, so that stripe looks almost pink, regardless how dark the red is. (Especially if one uses the TNG color code where the captain wears red.)
C, D,E,F,G shows the darkest black there is availlable, why are they different shades of grey?
The same with D and H, they are supposed to be the same color but they are not....

If it would conceren only one or two uniforms i wouldn't mention it, but there are so many unnecessary color restrictions, it's just annoying and aggravating, because there is no reason at all to use different color palettes in the first place.


Fragmentation:
Many of cryptics uniforms have some weird stripes which i just find plain ugly, please take a look here:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...uniform001.jpg
Especially the 200 (?) day Veteran uniform has many of them, why is that?
Is it suppsed to look good?
Why can't we even change the metal color on that Uniform?
I don't get it, i mean other uniforms, like the TMP uniform are simple and plain and look great that way IMHO.
Why is it so hard to make other uniforms just like them?


I don't want to mention things like bugs or clipping errors, or oversized TNG (series) combadges, because it would just be too much, and to be honest i am really tired now.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[*]The WoK belt buckle. Seriously, I simply cannot get myself to use this belt any longer now that the Jupiter belt is an option. The buckle looks so cheap and flimsy that I cannot force myself to use it. I even have an entire crew that wears the pre-change WoK uniform. I cannot change them because I know the belt will be ruined if I do. Please fix this problem so that I can.[/list]
can you provide a screenshot how they looked before the change?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-23-2011, 08:04 AM
AAAARGH, i just received my Jupiter Veteran uniform...

Just look for yourself:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...Uniform002.jpg

Are they doing that deliberately, just to make me mad?

Especially that bright nearly pink stripe is unacceptable.

Why do they keep on making uniforms that are useless when coloring them red?
NOT EVERYONE WANTS ALL BLACK UNIFORMS!!!
(Sorry but i am really annoyed and angry right now.)


Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
can you provide a screenshot how they looked before the change?
WoK Original version:
http://i.imgur.com/2pQQm.jpg

New version:
http://i.imgur.com/OsjDp.jpg

It's funny that they changed the costume, but never bothered to fix the old'n'busted rank pips that still look all jacked-up on either version.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Now, do you have those links backwards? Because what you say is the new version looks like the one I used before.

(I haven't logged in since last month, been taking a gaming sabbatical.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-26-2011, 09:45 AM
I really hate how on many of the Federation uniforms, the combadges are partially on the yoke of the uniform. It looks terrible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun555 View Post
Now, do you have those links backwards? ...
Nope, that's the correct order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
I really hate how on many of the Federation uniforms, the combadges are partially on the yoke of the uniform. It looks terrible.
I agree. That bothers me as well.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:00 AM.