Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
With all the tools available to just shut someones shields down completlely or any other system for that matter with abilities to drain power to systems and what not im surprised tac team is even considered a threat to you fine PvP'ers How bout we just hop out of our boats and throw rocks at each other. Cant think of anything more balanced than that. Of course some one will complain that my rock is bigger. However I cant throw it as far as yours so it is still balanced :p
Rock Paper Scissors. It doesn't get any more balanced than that.

/thread

No, but srsly:

I like MVS5191's proposal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The problem is nerfing it would hit escorts and Bops a lot harder than it would the rest. I think maybe limiting the ammount it transfers so that escorts don't see a diffrence, but cruisers and science ships do may be a solution, but I don't know how possible that is.
That might be a good idea. Just cap the amount that can be transferred, with the higher ranks giving higher amounts, and skills boosting the amount.

Although on my science ship and cruisers I do find TT less useful than on an escort, because of the shared cooldown with the other teams. ST is always nice to have ready, and I use ET on others a *lot*, so I lose a bit of my effectiveness when I need to use that cooldown tanking.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The problem is nerfing it would hit escorts and Bops a lot harder than it would the rest. I think maybe limiting the ammount it transfers so that escorts don't see a diffrence, but cruisers and science ships do may be a solution, but I don't know how possible that is.
Actually, TT made escorts/bops very tanky....nerfing it a bit wouldn't hurt much. I agree with the scaling solution. TT3 = current TT and lower ranks, with lower duration.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-23-2011, 05:26 AM
I'm honestly not even sure why they changed TT. I was fine with it how it was. I've always run 2 copies on my defiant to cycle and clear debuffs, as well as boost damage.

While the shield distribution is appreciated, and helpful, I just don't think it was warranted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
With all the tools available to just shut someones shields down completlely or any other system for that matter with abilities to drain power to systems and what not im surprised tac team is even considered a threat to you fine PvP'ers How bout we just hop out of our boats and throw rocks at each other. Cant think of anything more balanced than that. Of course some one will complain that my rock is bigger. However I cant throw it as far as yours so it is still balanced :p
Scis are really the only ones that have a shot at shutting down/stripping shields via Tyken's and CPB/Tachyon Beam. Cruisers and Escorts only have access to Beam: Target Subsystem Shields which is easily overridden by EPtS, Batteries, and EngTeams.

It's that TacTeam suddenly made Alpha'ing people a lot harder. My RSV, off the top of my head, has almost 17,000 per shield facing. That wouldn't be too hard to break though with a standard Beam Overload/Rapid Fire assault. However, when I hit TacTeam, that same assault has to break through 68,000 shield HP before I face anything but bleedthrough damage. If if I add in EPtS or TSS for shield resistance and regen, that value just shoots through the roof. And an Alpha/Burst strike is an Escort/BoP/Raptor's bread and butter maneuver.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Tactical Team might be a little too effective, and manually distributing shield power a little too ineffective (and tedious!).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Tactical Team might be a little too effective, and manually distributing shield power a little too ineffective (and tedious!).
Bind it to the space bar with Fire All Weaspons like I did
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Bind it to the space bar with Fire All Weaspons like I did
But I don't press spacebar, I click on the fire all energy weapons button!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
06-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But I don't press spacebar, I click on the fire all energy weapons button!
Bind distribute left... to your right turn button
Bind distribute right... to your left turn button
Bind distribute Front... to your pitch up
Bind distribute rear... to your pitch down

lol... it will work honestly. hehe
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
06-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Does manually distributing shields to one facing work faster than distributing to all of them?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.