Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
06-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
how bout some wedding gowns and brides maids uniforms for those DS9 Role Players while were at it. Their wedding ceremonies are getting a little stale :p
Don't go there....

I was a volunteer in another MMO long ago (A Sentinel in Asheron's Call). I performed a few in game weddings...I'm sorry to me that's a pretty high level of Creepy. I didn't do it unless I was specifically requested. I guess that was a drawback of being someone the players liked and trusted.

Now before I get flamed...I see nothing wrong with a bit of RP...but weddings are a bit much for my Vulcan like mind to take
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
06-23-2011, 04:23 AM
I though there were plenty of Fed dress options for 2409 from:
  • the Veteran Jacket
  • the Vice Admiral Jacket
  • the Jupiter Uniforms (and belts).

It'd be nice to have some KDF options to balance it out (though the shoulderpads are a nice item unto themselves).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
06-23-2011, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I though there were plenty of Fed dress options for 2409 from:
  • the Veteran Jacket
  • the Vice Admiral Jacket
  • the Jupiter Uniforms (and belts).

It'd be nice to have some KDF options to balance it out (though the shoulderpads are a nice item unto themselves).
Neither the Vet jacket nor the VA jacket are available to everyone until you meet the requirements. In the military EVERYONE has dress uniforms from day one.

As a note...you guys don't win allies by complaining about lack of KDF stuff in Fed threads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
06-23-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaffargue
how bout some wedding gowns and brides maids uniforms for those DS9 Role Players while were at it. Their wedding ceremonies are getting a little stale :p
[Shrugs] Why not? WoW has both the wedding dress and the tux in game, and I imagine a good number of other MMOs do as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
06-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
Neither the Vet jacket nor the VA jacket are available to everyone until you meet the requirements. In the military EVERYONE has dress uniforms from day one.

As a note...you guys don't win allies by complaining about lack of KDF stuff in Fed threads.
Well truthfully. You can make a few of the starfleet B class UNIS more of a dress united. I have. Just add some gold trim and make the black parts white. B2 really looks.good as a mess dress when done that way... or is it B3?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
06-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
Neither the Vet jacket nor the VA jacket are available to everyone until you meet the requirements. In the military EVERYONE has dress uniforms from day one.

As a note...you guys don't win allies by complaining about lack of KDF stuff in Fed threads.
What military were you serving in and when did you serve?

Dress uniforms were not part of USMC standard issue when I served. You had to go out and buy them yourself and I waited until I was an NCO and then waited longer until I got into Embassy Duty--when they became part of my issue for that assignment ('cause who wears dress blues without bloodstripes?)

I had a service uniform that was part of the standard issue but that's something else entirely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
06-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
The Jupiter Jacket set itself is rather dressy, if you color it right.
Aye, that's correct.... but then again it is still a duty uniform.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
What military were you serving in and when did you serve?

Dress uniforms were not part of USMC standard issue when I served. You had to go out and buy them yourself and I waited until I was an NCO and then waited longer until I got into Embassy Duty--when they became part of my issue for that assignment ('cause who wears dress blues without bloodstripes?)

I had a service uniform that was part of the standard issue but that's something else entirely.
US Navy '92 - '02

And issued or not is irrelevant, you had a dress uniform for your rank.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:16 AM.