Lt. Commander
# 1 Text all comes out as numbers.
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
After a format and re-install of my system and reinstall of Star Trek Online whenever I try to type in text it comes out as numbers. Stranger still it doesn't always do the same number so if I type "ssssssssss" it comes out as "1234567890," number pad keys do the same, pressing 11111 comes out 12345, and yes it does activate my ship powers in the power tray. If I press turn keys (wasd) it will just set off powers but If I press the Ctrl+wasd I can turn. I've tried pressing all the function keys and nothing changes (though they function properly in the game), caps lock on\off, num lock on\off. I'm running Windows 7 Home." Anyone know what the issue might be because I don't feel like doing another format and re-install to try and fix it?

Thanks

Ok, now it will type normally in the communication box without me having done anything to try and fix it, but when trying to control my ship pressing any key still just activates powers and I must still use Ctrl+wasd to turn the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2011, 07:19 PM
did you recently upgraded a secruity package that included a anti-keylogging feature.

I had the same problem in several games. chat box was ok but game control was random.
the problem was the anti-keying program called GuardID from my comcast seucrity feature. it messed up the game remapping of the keyboard .

only fix is to uninstall GuardID from the windows add remove programs. the rest of the security package still works it just doesn't have the anti-keyloggin feature.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Oooohhhhh.... Your Kung Fu is very good. Problem solved. Thank you!