Lt. Commander
OK, so I visited another help thread on this topic, and I checked all the settings Steam's help resource told me to try to fix my ability to launch this game.

Every time I try to launch the game or access my CD key, it informs me "Failed to Contact Key Server". My firewall enables Steam as an exception, I use Windows XP SP2, and I do not have any other third party programs that would block Steam. I've attempted to re-update Steam, and have taken every other measure to attempt to connect.

To no avail. Anyway, is there like an escrow time between when I buy the game from Steam and when I can actually access it? It's been about 2-2.5 hours now. I would have purchased the game directly from atari.com but when I attempted to checkout, it told me the United States was a restricted shipping country for it. O.o

I have never purchased a game digitally before and had any issues utilizing it right away; is this an issue with Steam, or Steam and Cryptic, or...?

Also, when I press the "Manage Game Account" button like Steam tells me to do to connect my Steam account to my Cryptic account, it does nothing. I've tried setting both IE and Opera as my default browsers to no avail. And any other Steam button that goes to browser works hunky dory.

Do I just need to go to sleep, and I'll have my CD key tomorrow? Anyone online who has experience with Steam and this game, help is appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Your Steam purchase should have generated an e-mail purchase receipt to you with your activation key. Check your spam / junk mail folders for it as this is the key you need to activate on your account to get full access to the game.

If you are having problems starting the game launcher, please run http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe and attach a screenshot of the result.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
I have the same problem and steam didn't give me an activation key in the email receipt I received from them and there is not another email in my spam/junk folders. I bought Star Trek Online and City of Heroes: Going Rogue EU together, via steam and downloaded both via the steam client - I have not had the same issue from City of Heroes, which I understand is from the same developers as STO.

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Never mind, it's worked now :S
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2011, 09:19 PM
In your steam client, right click on the game in your game list and click "View game CD key" or something similar. Paste that code into your account on the STO website.