Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 141
06-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I must point out to the 'it wouldn't be the Galaxy-X' crowd that the ship is not marketed as the Galaxy-X, but rather as the Dreadnaught Cruiser. It is not exclusively meant to be the Galaxy-X, and even then, even the simple switchover to the Monarch-X as has been proposed would only add to the concept, not take away.

Adding the option to take off the third nacelle, or transform it into a Monarch Refit, or make it a suggested 'x-2' variant with quad nacelles doesn't take away from the way YOU want your ship to be. It just adds to and around it.
Lt. Commander
# 142
06-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Yes, if there was a better cruiser to use as an Engineer, then I would jump on it. However my friend and I have managed to prove that the Galaxy X outmatches any other cruiser and is the best choice for an engineer, even without its cloaking ability or its phaser lance. I just want to make a few "additions" to ship in order to make it less ugly.

I personally don't care if CBS say the ship is canon, to me it isn't because its part of an alternative future that never happened and I don't personally chose to endorse it. Ever. The Federation was not at war with the Klingons, there were tensions on both sides because they invaded the Romulan Empire, did that happen in this timeline... eh not really?
The Exploration Refit of the Galaxy Class is more Durable than the Dreadnaught. It has one more Engineering BOFF spot for an Ensign and otherwise is identical to the Dreadnaught. It is only less durable during saucer separation but you do not HAVE to do that and you can pull it back if you need to.
Lt. Commander
# 143
06-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
hmm something change? last I checked, and this was just 4 days ago, you cant remove the third nacelle.

The OP, well there are reasons you cant remove it, the G(x) third nacelle is part of its iconic stance. Also, it would not be prudent to remove the third nacelle, as many would begin disguising it as a regular G or G(r), and go into PVP. We use to be able to remove it, but many of those, like myself who had this ship from the beginning expressed our concerns over this and the option to get rid of the third nacelle was removed.
Well that was a bad idea. I might buy the thing if I could take off that third engine. I never pvp. I just don't like the way it looks...plus it breaks the "even nacelle" canon law set by the Great Bird of the Galaxy.

Yes I know there are supposed to be two rows of field generators inside each nacelle, thereby keeping the number even no matter how many nacelles you add...but I am a purist at heart. 2 nacelles...not 3.
Lt. Commander
# 144
06-25-2011, 10:10 AM
[quote=Yreodred]
First i am not Barking at all.
Second, i don't think that giving us the CHOICE to change the appearance of that ship will change the whole Star Trek universe.
That ship will still be distinguishable from a Galaxy -R.
I mean, is the Monarch costume for the Galaxy Class such a issue, or the Vigilant class for the Defiant?
No of course not, because it is just an OPTION, and thats what removing the third nacelle would be, just an other option for the appearance of that ship nothing more, nothing less.
[/QUOTE

It's amusing, the way some people react sometimes. Like the whole Star Trek Universe would unwind into chaos, if the option were to be given back to us.
- Romulus would explode, the Klingon's would again be at war with the Federation, obsolete vessels would be flying around all over the place, the Excelsior would kick the Sovereign's butt in a fair fight, every officer would carry a tribble for combat benefits, rare items wouldn't be rare anymore, prices on the exchange would sky rocket, a sentient species like the Horta, would be lobotomized into a mindless killing pet, spam everywhere, Klingons running and hiding in battle. sheeshhhhhh
WAIT A MINUTE.......
Lt. Commander
# 145
06-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Well that was a bad idea. I might buy the thing if I could take off that third engine. I never pvp. I just don't like the way it looks...plus it breaks the "even nacelle" canon law set by the Great Bird of the Galaxy.

Yes I know there are supposed to be two rows of field generators inside each nacelle, thereby keeping the number even no matter how many nacelles you add...but I am a purist at heart. 2 nacelles...not 3.
Then what of the Freedom Class that is canon? She only mounts 1 nacelle, granted it is a Galaxy Class nacelle but a single nacelle none the less.

Now it is still debated as to whether or not the Star Fleet Technical Manual is canon but in Star Trek II and III there are references to it and in that manual there were ships with less than and more than 2 nacelles.

Let's just say that EVERYTHING is debatable.
Lt. Commander
# 146
06-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Each ship has it's own uniqueness; it's own unique look, boff selection, abilities, turn speed, etc. The third nacelle is part of the dreadnought's unique design.

If the third nacelle bothers you that much, go with the galaxy glass or refit. Simple as that.

If you're going to try to argue that you want the spinal lance and cloak, but no third nacelle. or you want boff or the amount of console/device slots that other ships have but no third nacelle, then reread my first sentence.

By the logic of "let's take the most beneficial aspects of each class to better "customize" our ship, then why don't we just give every ship 4 eng, tac and sci consoles, a battle cloak, spinal lance, multi-vector, the power of a galaxy class, the speed and maneuverability of a defiant class...? (and yes, this paragraph is sarcasm)