Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
Alright guys.

What's the big deal with all the canon vs non canon on the forums lately?

I certainly do not care if was gene's original idea or extrapalated from one. I love it all. From the campy goodness of TOS to the spiritual and war driven DS9 times and yes even Archers story.

Why would someone who is a fan of star trek not want the universe expanded? I gotta tell you if you have not read some of the books series you are missing out on a TON of great storylines. Corps of engineers and the Titan books. The dominion wars and the Destiny series. They are all just great.

That being said. I love the "powers and skills" cryptic has brought us. I do not find them gimmicky at all. Yes yes the game needs a lil balance pass, but all in all the formula works.

I view the game just as another part of my fandom. When frank Herbert died we all thought dune was gone for good. Then his son Brian and Kevin j Anderson picked up the pieces and brought us several great novels that are non dune canon. Same goes for star wars. It happens.

If pvp dies I will be so sad. I don't want to play TOR. I want you all to stay here and help our community help cryptic make a better game. More content will be needed to do this. More weapons, more powers, more ships. All non canon. Please keep your passion for trek focused on improving our community, not fracturing it.

We all love trek. If you don't I can't see how you even play this game. Trek is so love it or hate it. There are better mmo's out there. And better trek games. None of them bring us together like this.

See you on the battlefield.