Lt. Commander
# 1 Role-playing over voice comms
06-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I've never been into role-playing, but I'm interested in hearing how it's done. Has anyone got any links to videos or audio of people role-playing over teamspeak, vent etc. on Star Trek Online?

Would be nice to see/hear how it's done.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-25-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't know of anyone that RPs over a voice chat system. Most RP is done typying since that way you can signify actions vs talking.

" " is usually used for speech. "Hi there."
* generally signifies an action. *he put down his PADD
(( )) is to show that whatever is typed there is not part of the RP. ((quick bio))

You can go to Quark's bar and just watch. Lots of RP going on there all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Would be awesome to do a VO rp though, I'd give up both legs if I could do Peter Cullen's voice. For those that don't know, he is the voice of Optimus Prime from G1, the movies, and Transformers Prime.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
I don't know of anyone that RPs over a voice chat system. Most RP is done typying since that way you can signify actions vs talking.

(( )) is to show that whatever is typed there is not part of the RP. ((quick bio))

You can go to Quark's bar and just watch. Lots of RP going on there all the time.
Ah I see, thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez

Except the system supports /me commands than you don't have to use * *
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
Except the system supports /me commands than you don't have to use * *
Precisely. The typical system is using chat as normal, save with ** for actions, or doing actions as normal, but with " " when you do dialogue.

Quote:
Hello. *He said as he put down the PADD*
Quote:
"Hello" He said as he put down the PADD.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Is there an in-game channel used by role-players that people like myself can join?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
Is there an in-game channel used by role-players that people like myself can join?
Just go to DS9, specifically Quark's, and listen to local chat for a while. Send some PMs to the role players there, that sort of thing.