Lt. Commander
# 11
06-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu
Actually, the only information that they distributed (Again, from what I was able to find), was the information they acquired from the Arizona PD server systems. They got names, adresses, phone numbers, police policies, procedures, intel, and a lot of other things that I can't quite rememeber without the site directly in front of me. They torrented that information because they were in opposition to SB 1070.
What is your point?

I am in oposition of big oil companys hoarding wealth and pushing up prices. Do I undertake an armed robbery and give the money to charity?

So what if they didnt gain from it (ignoring the fact they probably enjoyed all the attention)? it doesnt excuse the behavior.

Two wrongs dont make a right, that is age old wisdom.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
What is your point?

I am in oposition of big oil companys hoarding wealth and pushing up prices. Do I undertake an armed robbery and give the money to charity?

So what if they didnt gain from it (ignoring the fact they probably enjoyed all the attention)? it doesnt excuse the behavior.

Two wrongs dont make a right, that is age old wisdom.
My point is that they saw something they believed that they thought to be wrong, and they did something that they were capable of (Right or wrong).

Some centuries ago, there were a group of people that were in opposition of being taxed by a government that was thousands of miles away. So what did they do? They did what was viewed as wrong, but they thought was right. Their acts were considering terrorism, as well.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:

Some centuries ago, there were a group of people that were in opposition of being taxed by a government that was thousands of miles away. So what did they do? They did what was viewed as wrong, but they thought was right. Their acts were considering terrorism, as well.
You are seriosly comparing the american revolution to the rediculous tactics of script kiddies who somehow think DDOS'ing eve online is an achievement?

Nothing lulzsec has done has in any way improved the lives of people, infact all they have done is inconvenience thousands.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
You are seriosly comparing the american revolution to the rediculous tactics of script kiddies who somehow think DDOS'ing eve online is an achievement?

Nothing lulzsec has done has in any way improved the lives of people, infact all they have done is inconvenience thousands.
Not the individual acts, but the goals are similar in the fact that they are showing flaws in older systems that aren't as efficient as they should be.

When the American Revolution occured/passed, don't you think that hundreds of thousands of people were inconvinienced as well when the trade routes between Britain and the U.S. were suddenly gone? New supply lines had to be established with other countries, so on and so forth. The point is that, for the better of the whole, people were inconvinienced.

Now, I whole heartidly agree that what LulzSec is doing isnt almost a direct comparison. But (Again, from what I've been able to find) they are doing it to show a potentionally huge problem to the companies/agencies they attack, that they arent as protected as they can be from the -real- threats (Once again, I dont know if LulzSec is a real threat, but I havent heard of any truely lasting reprocutions).
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
By the way, they've done much more than what you mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-26-2011, 06:53 PM
I was telling a friend just today...I'm surprised the "real" hacking community hasn't dealt with them...the last things the "real" hacking community wants is this much attention being brought upon the "hobby".

These kids are all about the attention they can get. It has nothing to do with morals or rebellion, they just use that to make them look less like losers..
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum-NSA
I was telling a friend just today...I'm surprised the "real" hacking community hasn't dealt with them...the last things the "real" hacking community wants is this much attention being brought upon the "hobby".

These kids are all about the attention they can get. It has nothing to do with morals or rebellion, they just use that to make them look less like losers..
From the outside it really does look like that, I completely agree with you on that.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
The ends never justify the means.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Quote:
My point is that they saw something they believed that they thought to be wrong, and they did something that they were capable of (Right or wrong).

That's complete wash. There's a reason why we have law enforcement agencies. These jerks aren't freedom fighters or Robin Hood. Their little rampage is nothing more than glory seeking, trying to get a slice of Anon's notoriety.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Thank you sharing info on this but sadly the thread has gone to dark places it shouldn't.
Closed Thread