i agree
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-28-2011, 04:09 AM
8 beam FAW ? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-28-2011, 04:15 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-28-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I feel offended already.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I feel offended already.
Why ? the dmg doesn't matter really. It was probably long match, and 80% of that dmg done didn't threaten anyone....nothing to be envy of :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
ye...

i know everyone hates this "excuse" but this was before any dev had commented the faw issue.. and as far we knew it was working as intended (it did exactly what it said it would in the patch notes.. except for the acc bug but we all know thats not the real issue.)..

so we used faw.. why? to start whine to get it fixed. whine brings attention. once a dev commented on the issue the group of players i play mostly with stopped using it (with the exception of other faw heavy premades or very carrier heavy teams.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-28-2011, 05:02 AM
I didn't want to judge anything. Its just obvious that when someone cycles 2 FAWs, with 8 beams he is pumping dmg whole time with minimal (none) effort.

My problem with FAW is not the dmg, not even the accuracy, but the single thing that using it takes no effort at all, and the reward for such should be equal.

From my perspective FAW should do NO extra dmg at all. Just make sure all beams are firing all the time, to clear trash floating in space.

It must be the only skill in game which rewards you just for using it whenever you can....something like if you would spam heals on yourself and got "extra" hps on top of your regular hps.

I still dont understand the logic of the dev that said, using some ability should always be better than none, hence it must get dmg boost. FAW is already better with its autotargeting, no dmg boost needed. The autotargeting and using of beams not in arc of your main target is the bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-28-2011, 05:12 AM
I agree. I have no problem with poeple using faw... Just we can use it back at them. :p

But no.. Using an abillity doesnt have to be better. The key should be to use the skill at the right time, thus smart.

If i snb someone wit no buffs is that good? No. If i snb at the right time it kills you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Sure an Engi cruiser can have offense.And you can do it without FAW. You just have to decide on the role you want to play. Here is my build
Vorcha
I get my offensive punch by slowing my opponents down, ( TB2 & EWP3), which allows my BO1&2 and my tricobalt to crit more often. I use defensive resists to tank. My "role" is to be the first to decloack & pin an opponent for the remainder of my team to finish off, & tank the abuse that the first to decloack receives. I decloak at about 8 km from my target, hit evasive & fire a tricobalt. (I will fly faster than the torpedo) use a tractor beam at 5 Km, & hit EWP3 at about 3 KM, & make sure to overrun the target so the Tricobalt doesn't knock the target out of the warp plasma. I don't use DEM or any of the other "DPS Cruiser" abilities, & i still do pretty good damage, while remaining a good tank.