Lt. Commander
# 1 Star trek Destiny?
06-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Imagine if STO took place after the non canon trilogy destiny. a weakened federation at war with the klingons?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-27-2011, 06:41 AM
I absolutely loved that series... A singular destiny, meh not so much. I'm reading Enterprise:the Romulan war now, so far so good.

I think it would have been cool, but the Borg might have not played such a big role at end-game, being in the stf's and all. Still I really enjoy the path to 2409 timeline, I'd like to
see it more fully developed in-game and in books too.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Did you....
06-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Did you read greater then the sum before destiny? Anyhow I think that the destiny then STO would have made it easier to explain why Lt.s get ships becuse starfleet being depleted of officers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFihaley View Post
Did you read greater then the sum before destiny? Anyhow I think that the destiny then STO would have made it easier to explain why Lt.s get ships becuse starfleet being depleted of officers.
i liked the "Destiny" series' explaination of the origins of the Borg. Very cool.

I read Star Trek books alot and the one thing I hate is that the game branched off from the books just before the "Destiny" series. so much good story after those. Titan, Aventine, Typhon Pact... ect
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-27-2011, 07:56 AM
I am in the process of reading them now and i would love david mack or other star trek writers to come on the game and write a feature series i was thinking about making a post or thread about asking the sto team to see if this was possible

Any thoughts about getting david mack or others to write a feature series for the game would be great publiscity for them and the game
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFihaley View Post
Imagine if STO took place after the non canon trilogy destiny. a weakened federation at war with the klingons?
I thought that trilogy WAS canonical?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-28-2011, 04:19 AM
I think they should bring in authors like david mack to make some of these feature. I think when they get around to changing the year that they should do the destiny storyline but instead of the federation being attacked its all factions but make it to where it lasts only three weeks. so afterwords you have those factions picking up the pieces.