Lt. Commander
# 1091
06-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Using a multitude of images gleamed from the interwebs, I chose the best of the best, fiddled with the colors a bit, chose the best uniforms available in-game to create mock-ups and Voila! The Starfleet Marine Corps uniforms are here!

Starfleet Marine Corps

Standard Duty Uniform
Combat Uniform - Brown
Combat Uniform - Gray
Combat Uniform - Green
Dress Blues

In addition I found a number of Starfleet Marine Corps emblems, remastered them so that they look smooth and clean and saved them in PNG format to make them easy to use on whatever you might like to use them on. Anyone who wants to use them is free to visit my Emblem Collection and take a look.

I hope you all like them.
Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 1092
06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Using a multitude of images gleamed from the interwebs, I chose the best of the best, fiddled with the colors a bit, chose the best uniforms available in-game to create mock-ups and Voila! The Starfleet Marine Corps uniforms are here!

Starfleet Marine Corps

Standard Duty Uniform
Combat Uniform - Brown
Combat Uniform - Gray
Combat Uniform - Green
Dress Blues

In addition I found a number of Starfleet Marine Corps emblems, remastered them so that they look smooth and clean and saved them in PNG format to make them easy to use on whatever you might like to use them on. Anyone who wants to use them is free to visit my Emblem Collection and take a look.

I hope you all like them.
Enjoy!

More fantastic 25th century uniform additions! Great work my friend! Nice one!

I'm curious, Blackavaar...what would you say is your favourite Starfleet uniform out of all Star Trek media (i.e. TV, movies, books, games, etc.)? Feel free to have more than one favourite btw.
Lt. Commander
# 1093
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
More fantastic 25th century uniform additions! Great work my friend! Nice one!

I'm curious, Blackavaar...what would you say is your favourite Starfleet uniform out of all Star Trek media (i.e. TV, movies, books, games, etc.)? Feel free to have more than one favourite btw.
Thanks! Glad you like them.

And that's a good question. It's hard to answer because really, I love them all. Yes, even the oddly pajama-like TMP uniforms. I suppose I would have to say that my all time favorites would be the TOS uniforms. They're so simple and yet so striking. It's hard to top that. But I can't dismiss the wonderful utility of the Enterprise uniforms either. So, they would have to be my runner-up.

Lt. Commander
# 1094
06-24-2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Thanks! Glad you like them.
I do indeed. Your creativity with these uniforms never fails to impress me.

Quote:
And that's a good question. It's hard to answer because really, I love them all. Yes, even the oddly pajama-like TMP uniforms. I suppose I would have to say that my all time favorites would be the TOS uniforms. They're so simple and yet so striking. It's hard to top that. But I can't dismiss the wonderful utility of the Enterprise uniforms either. So, they would have to be my runner-up.

Like you, I love all the uniforms too...but if I really had to say which out of them all was my favourite then it would have to be TWoK uniforms. I think they're great and I like the fact that there's so many variations like bomber jackets, away team coats, combat jumpsuits, waistcoats (or vests as I believe they're known in the US). I also like that this era of Starfleet Uniforms actually gave some distinction for the non-commissioned officers by giving them their own rank insignia. The only thing I found disappointing was that there was never any time for there to be a dress uniform on screen for TWoK uniforms but if it had looked anything like the one that was seen in a couple of DC Star Trek comics I think they'd have done the trick on screen too.

Staying with TWoK uniforms and the variations...I sincerely hope the devs release a WoK uniform pack allowing some of the variations I mentioned, plus the ability to change the rank insignia, and, of course, a brand new belt too.

In joint second place for me would have to be the DS9/VOY uniforms and the First Contact/DS9 uniforms. Reason? Errr...they're primarily black and officers like Jadzia, Ezri, and B'Elanna wear it really well.
Lt. Commander
# 1095
06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Hey there, Blackavaar. I was wondering if you had any plans to create a guide for the TOS uniform variant seen in these screencaps from The Man Trap and Charlie X:

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ntraphd544.jpg

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...rliexhd483.jpg

Presumably these would also be available in red and blue too.

Lt. Commander
# 1096
06-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Hey there, Blackavaar. I was wondering if you had any plans to create a guide for the TOS uniform variant seen in these screencaps from The Man Trap and Charlie X:

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ntraphd544.jpg

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...rliexhd483.jpg

Presumably these would also be available in red and blue too.

Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to view those links, so I am unsure of which variants you speak. Could you post them somewhere else so that I can view them?

Lt. Commander
# 1097
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Unfortunately I do not seem to be able to view those links, so I am unsure of which variants you speak. Could you post them somewhere else so that I can view them?

The links work for me okay. And as I'm not sure where else I can post them I'll just tell you what the two images show...they show two female officers wearing a loose necked gold uniform as is typical with the skirt except instead of a skirt both officers are wearing cut-off pants and boots.

Lt. Commander
# 1098
06-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Quote:
The links work for me okay. And as I'm not sure where else I can post them I'll just tell you what the two images show...they show two female officers wearing a loose necked gold uniform as is typical with the skirt except instead of a skirt both officers are wearing cut-off pants and boots.

Ah! I remember those. Yeah, I guess I could review those episodes and see about making guides for those uniforms.

For some reason the URLs for those links are coming up Forbidden for me here at work. Links to PhotoBucket and such are working fine. Don't worry though. I know what you are talking about now.

Lt. Commander
# 1099
06-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Ah! I remember those. Yeah, I guess I could review those episodes and see about making guides for those uniforms.

For some reason the URLs for those links are coming up Forbidden for me here at work. Links to PhotoBucket and such are working fine. Don't worry though. I know what you are talking about now.

Sorry to hear those links weren't working but at least you know what uniforms I've described. Look forward to seeing those guides!
Lt. Commander
# 1100
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
The links aren't working for me either. I thought maybe it was like Ex Astris, and you have to right click, copy location, but that doesn't work either. The link to the album itself is fine though: http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/thumbnails.php?album=2

Edit: Bizarre - when I type in a number for a pic I haven't clicked to from the album itself, it's forbidden. But once I've reached it from the album, I can type it in or use links like the ones posted earlier to view it.