Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
I would be so happy if we could get this skin for either the Assault Cruiser or the T5 Excelsior (especially the Excelsior desperatly needs a different costume and it wouln't hurt if it would look good for a change )

More than that i just hope that we could get some more smooth versions of the ship parts we already have something like this would be very nice IMO:

I have smoothen the pylons and made them a bit more narrow and i reduced the lenght of the nacelles about 20% also. I think it would be awesome if we could have finally the chance to make aesteticly, and elegant looking ships with the new parts that are coming.
(Note: the pylons are still wider than ths sovereigns and the nacelles look more compact and not so vulnerable lookin like the sovereigns.)
If we could get some pylons that look a bit like this and additionally pylons that are facing forward like on picture 2, 3, and 4 LINK it would be awesome.
Additionally picture 6 features a lot of good designs, except the left one (the nacelles are just too long), i am sure those ships would look really great in game.
Especially the one on top and the one right down at the bottom look really cool, IMHO.
(I think they would work as Excelsior variants, since those concept ships are ment to be smaller but still related to the Sovereign.)

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but if we could get the option to Flip some Pylons from facing forwrd to facing backwards or vice versa, i think there would be some real good options with the ship parts that are already in the game.

Please forgive the bad picture, but i hope you guys can see what i mean.

And devs, don't be afraid we will buy additional ship parts when they are in the C-Store, if they look good.

Live long and prosper.
I likey the way you think ! and agree 100% !
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-27-2011, 06:33 AM
I am not a fan of the JJ movie.... and I am not thrilled with the nacelles in that movie or the picture...I am positive that they could do some work to the ships already in-game, as they could to both sides....not just the fed side.....but I don't think that making JJ changes (which in my opinion hint at way earlier design) would be in-line with showing the style people want to see leading up to the timeframe of the centuries leading to the Enterprise J's creation.....but then again that's my opinion and I am entitles to it...lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
I am not a fan of the JJ movie.... and I am not thrilled with the nacelles in that movie or the picture...I am positive that they could do some work to the ships already in-game, as they could to both sides....not just the fed side.....but I don't think that making JJ changes (which in my opinion hint at way earlier design) would be in-line with showing the style people want to see leading up to the timeframe of the centuries leading to the Enterprise J's creation.....but then again that's my opinion and I am entitles to it...lol
I am not a fan of the JJ enterprise either, but i think that the ship i posted looks much better than that thing they call enterprise in the new movie.
Btw. that ship was just JJ universe themed, but i think the artist who made it has found the right balance between "coolnes" and conservatism to make it look good.
(I wish some other artists would find such a balance more often )
I think the nacelles are just right, in contrast to the JJ Enterprise where the nacelles are just huge and much to heavy looking.

Seriously, i think that there are some good designs are already in the game, but just at the wrong position IMHO.
For me the Avenger Class would have been the perfect Sovereign successor (regarding the appearance) but they made it just a teethless flying hospital, and the more firepower a ship class has to more ugly (definitely NOT cooler looking) it gets IMHO.

I would already be happy if cryptics ship designs would look less exaggerated and cartoonish.

But as you like to say:
Quote:
"..... that's my opinion and I am entitles to it..."
(no one has ever doubt that )

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
I would be so happy if we could get this skin for either the Assault Cruiser or the T5 Excelsior (especially the Excelsior desperatly needs a different costume and it wouln't hurt if it would look good for a change )

More than that i just hope that we could get some more smooth versions of the ship parts we already have something like this would be very nice IMO:

I have smoothen the pylons and made them a bit more narrow and i reduced the lenght of the nacelles about 20% also. I think it would be awesome if we could have finally the chance to make aesteticly, and elegant looking ships with the new parts that are coming.
(Note: the pylons are still wider than ths sovereigns and the nacelles look more compact and not so vulnerable lookin like the sovereigns.)
If we could get some pylons that look a bit like this and additionally pylons that are facing forward like on picture 2, 3, and 4 LINK it would be awesome.
Additionally picture 6 features a lot of good designs, except the left one (the nacelles are just too long), i am sure those ships would look really great in game.
Especially the one on top and the one right down at the bottom look really cool, IMHO.
(I think they would work as Excelsior variants, since those concept ships are ment to be smaller but still related to the Sovereign.)

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but if we could get the option to Flip some Pylons from facing forwrd to facing backwards or vice versa, i think there would be some real good options with the ship parts that are already in the game.

Please forgive the bad picture, but i hope you guys can see what i mean.

And devs, don't be afraid we will buy additional ship parts when they are in the C-Store, if they look good.

Live long and prosper.
while i don't like a few details of your different versions, i see your general idea and agree with it :smile: it would be nice if we could customize the individual parts of ships, just to make them to a size or general shape we agree to

problem is, even if the devs started working on this now... it would take months or worse, years :frown: there's the gameplay that Cryptic has to design, for one thing, and all the different configurations/sizes/shaps that the ship parts can be... CaptLogan is the only doing them at the moment, which will take considerable time

but if they were willing to do it, in some form or another, a lot of this playerbase would be grateful for the whole new dimension on ship customization (i'd even be willing to wait twice as long if the klingon side got this as well, they need the customization options) :smile:

EDIT: because your post was on the 4 image limit, :smile: (twice) and :frown: are all i can work with
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
while i don't like a few details of your different versions, i see your general idea and agree with it :smile: it would be nice if we could customize the individual parts of ships, just to make them to a size or general shape we agree to

problem is, even if the devs started working on this now... it would take months or worse, years :frown: there's the gameplay that Cryptic has to design, for one thing, and all the different configurations/sizes/shaps that the ship parts can be... CaptLogan is the only doing them at the moment, which will take considerable time

but if they were willing to do it, in some form or another, a lot of this playerbase would be grateful for the whole new dimension on ship customization (i'd even be willing to wait twice as long if the klingon side got this as well, they need the customization options) :smile:

EDIT: because your post was on the 4 image limit, :smile: (twice) and :frown: are all i can work with

Yeah, my pictures should just show the idea behind it.
Sure the streching options would take a lot of work, i think realisticly they could add such a feature with at least 5 times as much programmers than now in a acceptable time, but i think just adding basicly the same pylons that are already in the game and just mirroring them and a little polish would be more than enough for a start.
Maybe they could just add basicly the same pylons that are already in the game, just without holes, or use some lower tier ship pylons and make them fitting.
I don't think that we need completely new ship parts very fast, some parts should just have some alternative versions as options.
For example they could release a smooth assault cruiser ship pack, with basicly the same ship parts we already have just less edgy, no holes, and in general more smother shaped. I would buy it right now !!!
There should be much more options to choose from, more variations, even if they just as simple as facing forward or backwars facing pylons, it would be very helpful.

Btw, sorry, i didn't realize that there is a limit of 4 pictures per page.
Maybe you could just remove those pictures from the quotes, because i changed it at the original post but without any effect on the quotes.

EDIT:
Alright, this may sound strange now but what about making the Excalibur ship parts availlable to the Assault Cruiser?
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...xcaliburPS.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/..._Excalibur.jpg
I know it would not look quite like a Sovereign variant, but i think a bit more diversity wouldn't hurt.
Especially the saucer would be nice to have, the neck well..... better not.
But if the neck could be made much shorter (-50%) and more streched in length (+25%), i think that ship would look awesome! IMHO)
But i would absolutely love to have those nacelles and pylons for my Assault Cruiser, together with the Galaxy -ish saucer i think it could look awesome. (Maybe a wider sovereign hull would be also great.)

Ok, i know it's a crazy idea.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-27-2011, 08:35 PM
Another thing i would like to see is some ship parts from the ships that where designed for the "Design the next Enterprise contest".
One of my favourites was this beauty:
http://madeinjapan1988.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d381xs9
I think it would make a great Assault cruiser costume (especially the nacelles and the pylons look nice IMO.)

What would you guys like to see from the participating designs?

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
[color="DarkOrange"]
EDIT:
Alright, this may sound strange now but what about making the Excalibur ship parts availlable to the Assault Cruiser?

I know it would not look quite like a Sovereign variant, but i think a bit more diversity wouldn't hurt.
Especially the saucer would be nice to have, the neck well..... better not.
But if the neck could be made much shorter (-50%) and more streched in length (+25%), i think that ship would look awesome! IMHO)
But i would absolutely love to have those nacelles and pylons for my Assault Cruiser, together with the Galaxy -ish saucer i think it could look awesome. (Maybe a wider sovereign hull would be also great.)

Ok, i know it's a crazy idea.
Apparantly, [IMG] tags are working these days? Huh? [/Off-Topic]
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Apparantly, [IMG] tags are working these days? Huh? [/Off-Topic]
I'm sorry but that ship looks like a dog cleaning it's private parts by dragging them through the dirt.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-30-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
I'm sorry but that ship looks like a dog cleaning it's private parts by dragging them through the dirt.
I actually like the ship it's different, looks like a cross between a Galaxy and a Sovereign to me.
I for one would love it as a skin for the Excelsior, at least it looks modern/fresh. But that's my opinion, no better than yours.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
I know that this design is not very popular, but i think it would be really nice to have those parts as a addition to the already availlable ship parts.
I think it would be possible to create some really good looking ships with those parts, especially the pylons, nacelles and the saucer would be welcome additons IMO.

Regarding the saucer, i don't think that there would be a major confusion with the Galaxy Class, because the Excaliburs saucer still look very different then the Galaxys.
(in fact it looks much more like a Sovereign class saucer, just wider)
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...omparison1.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...omparison2.jpg
As you can see this big dark triangle that is visible on the Sovereigns saucer, it is also on the Excaliburs saucer but not on the Galaxys saucer. So there would be still a clear difference between the Assault Cruiser and a Exploration Cruiser.

Another good addition would be the pylons of the Excalibur, i think that they would fit perfectly to the Assault cruiser. (At least much better than the Noble, Majestic and Imperial pylons)
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...rPylons002.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...rPylons001.jpg

The third nice to have ship part would be the nacelles, i know some prefer to have longer nacelles on their assault cruiser, but i think shorter ones would be nice additions.
If you like the "holoship" on ESD, K7 and DS9, then i think some of us would be very glad to get the chance to use them on their ship.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...acelles001.jpg

As i have stated it already somwhere else, i am constantly thrying to create at least ONE good looking assault cruiser since i have started playing STO, but so far without any success.
With the Excalibur ship parts (that are already in the game) i think we could have much more options to finally build a good looking assault cruiser.

Live long and prosper.