Lt. Commander
# 81
06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Are you joking? What can you possibly need to change that a PVP build is useless for PVE? If it works well in PVP, it will work well in PVE. At worse you change some BOs around, but that doesn't require a respec.
And that is why I'd pwn you every time in PvP. While you run an all-purpose build, I run builds specifically for PvP. :p
Lt. Commander
# 82
06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
And that is why I'd pwn you every time in PvP. While you run an all-purpose build, I run builds specifically for PvP. :p
Or you could try reading the question.
Lt. Commander
# 83
06-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I would like to point out that after several tries of Khitomer Accord, I've become quite disenchanted with it.

I've not, thus far, been able to get past the first ship segment when you need to prevent Borg Probes from getting into the time portal. Or, at least, I've been unable to join a team that would be able to get more competently through that part (though I believe all the previous attempts I've been involved in were earnest ones).
Lt. Commander
# 84
06-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Or you could try reading the question.
Sorry, not sharing my builds with you. Do your own research.
Lt. Commander
# 85
06-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Completely agree. This time Cryptic went a little too far. I also tryed to go after this mission with a positive attitude, thinking that, after all, designers at Cryptic were absolutely clear that the whole purpose of all these missions is to provide a continuos source of fun and that, no matter how dificult a mission is presented, it has to be winnable in the end.
For my surprise, I went over and over with this mission, with different people, some of them very experienced, and could not make any advances, after hours wasted and lots of talk, trying to figure out a correct strategy.
I have been a gamer since long, always dedicated to space war simulations including EVE and many other stand alone games, and have never seen anyting like this. I can assure that this mission is a bad joke designed for not to be won; just to keep people around like bugs idiotized with the light of the candle.
I refuse to play this mission anymore unless someting changes.
Since publication of this game I have not played anyting else and promised myself that this will be my one and only game (as a matter of fact, I have an unresolved sense of guilt for being wasting such a precious time just gaming). But you know what? I started playing other games again because this one just simply started to stink.
My advise to Cryptic: Keep the game fun, listen to what people is asking for. The public which is willing to spent 8-12 hours a day trying to beat an unwinnable mission is not enough to keep your business alive. Milissons like The Cure, where the ground part could take even 5hrs to beat, are insane. Please break missions in smaller chunks. Make them more fun and little less demanding.
Lt. Commander
# 86
06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
This is a great instance -- it is pugable and you do not need vent. Just learn the strats and work together. As long as people have the gear from the dailies this instance can be completed. Just follow the guides / videos on the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 87
06-28-2011, 04:03 PM
I just pugged this out of the blue but I read and PM'd the people that actually put up videos with tips. I got through it and the toughest part was the ground portion but the space portions are not all that difficult but require a fine ship, bridge crew, team mechanics, and coordination. Not to mention the captains need to be built correctly or else this will fail. The pain is getting people to actually do the mission and wonder what went wrong and simply ask people who have beaten it for advice. Tough mission? Of course it is should it be fixed a little maybe in some portions but overall I loved this one better than infection and the cure. This game and most MMO's are supposed to be about people within the factions helping each other out. I suggest doing so.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 89
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Please create a new thread, this one is rusted.
Closed Thread