Lt. Commander
# 21
06-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiuz
If you are being spawncamped in an Arena, it's your own fault. I love it when I approach the feds with my klingon and they just sit there at the spawn point. And those people are wondering why they're being spawncamped.
This. Yup, I clearly admit to planting grav wells, warp plasma, and various other cheats and hax at the enemy spawn point.

There was one thread where a guy complained at my shenanigans, and he's got every right to complain so I support him on it. He did clearly state that thirty seconds elapsed before we started attacking. Not my words, but his. If you cannot organize and leave your spawn point within half a minute of the game starting, then I will spawn camp.

There's only one person I need to control, and that's myself. I won't dictate what people use on their ship and what weapons they load out. I won't complain "I lost due to your X or Y!" In turn, don't expect me to abide by your rules of engagement, unless previously agreed upon in a tourney.

It's almost like people expect others to:
1. Not attack first
2. Not use any bridge officer powers
3. Just circle around and autofire

Turn it back around on them and they cry out "foul play!"
Lt. Commander
# 22
06-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
This. Yup, I clearly admit to planting grav wells, warp plasma, and various other cheats and hax at the enemy spawn point.

There was one thread where a guy complained at my shenanigans, and he's got every right to complain so I support him on it. He did clearly state that thirty seconds elapsed before we started attacking. Not my words, but his. If you cannot organize and leave your spawn point within half a minute of the game starting, then I will spawn camp.

There's only one person I need to control, and that's myself. I won't dictate what people use on their ship and what weapons they load out. I won't complain "I lost due to your X or Y!" In turn, don't expect me to abide by your rules of engagement, unless previously agreed upon in a tourney.
Yeah, that was me.

I admit that now I run away from spawn and try to push the battle away from it, I learn quickly, but you must admit that if you play against some pugs, you could show some politeness.

I have been kickassed several times by klingons and feds alike (i dont understand those who talk about "klingon loosers" or "fed loosers", we are all humans behind a computer, BUT...) and I know when my group is damned to loose... you can fill it, when the team engage the others, if the focus fire or not, if they even respond to you in team chat... i take it even humorously... but what I DONT LIKE, is to suffer another guy who has the urgency of proving not only that he can defeat me, but to kick my *** and ruining my fun.

So, to make it clear, I dont like to loose (nobody likes), but I use it to learn, but i totally hate someone who has the urge, even pleasure, to show me he trampled me and then do every effort to ruin my fun.

You can kick my butt staying away from spawn, it happened, true story...

Regards,

EDIT: That the game allows you to do something, does not mean that it is right or fair. Just think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
Yeah, that was me.

I admit that now I run away from spawn and try to push the battle away from it, I learn quickly, but you must admit that if you play against some pugs, you could show some politeness.
Yes, we're just two players playing STO. But once you become my enemy and I become yours, do know that I will use everything I have to kill you. Don't expect me to adhere to any notion of honor or decency; I don't expect you to do the same, frankly.

I want you dead, and you want me dead.

I did not say a word to you or any of your teammates during or after the fight; I don't expect you to say anything. I merely responded that you've dictated how many seconds elapsed before the start of engagement and that I don't apologize for my actions.
Lt. Commander
# 24
06-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Yes, we're just two players playing STO. But once you become my enemy and I become yours, do know that I will use everything I have to kill you. Don't expect me to adhere to any notion of honor or decency; I don't expect you to do the same, frankly.

I did not say a word to you or any of your teammates during or after the fight; I don't expect you to say anything. I merely responded that you've dictated how many seconds elapsed before the start of engagement and that I don't apologize for my actions.
Eh I agree and disagree. I do usually throw something in zone to make sure the other side knows if they do not move from spawn they are consenting to being spawned camp. Usually I will do this after I have zerged within 30KM of their position.
Lt. Commander
# 25
06-30-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:

I dont want your apologizes and I dont expect anything, I all I want is that you, and everyone who does that, to understand that what you call "normal" or "battle" or "fun" it is ruining someone else fun, plain and simple.

The game has a flaw, that is clear since I think that we can all agree that we cannot have just one spawn point or should have some way to help "less experienced" players to avoid it (turrets perhaps?).

It is also something that is becoming very common since the numbers of posts regarding the same subject.

All I say is, when you behave like that, you are screwing somebody.

Or do you doubt that, if you stop seeking to spawn camp, you will be able to win 15-0 anyway?

So my final question is, what do you win by behaving like that?
If you can kick butt 15-0 do or do not spawn camping.
Is there a secret competence in which you compete on how much time you can reach 15-0?
Or is it just fan to think "ho ho ho, look those *******s, we are f...ing them, ho ho ho, imagine their faces!! they cannot move, ho ho ho"

I don't know man, as you said before, you are responsible for your own actions, no one else, then you (not just you, all the ones who usually do that) are responsible of ruining my game, even if i dont die, because i will escape the trap, and see the rest dying till we reach 15-0... very enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Eh I agree and disagree. I do usually throw something in zone to make sure the other side knows if they do not move from spawn they are consenting to being spawned camp. Usually I will do this after I have zerged within 30KM of their position.
As some said, if the others are playing stupid, is one thing, other thing is when your experience, knowledge and team playing are far superior than a group of pugs, and systematically go and ruin their games.

2 different things.

EDIT:
Just for the record, I win and I loose, and sometimes, when I catch good team, coordinated and with vent, we kick butt.
Do i go and spawn camp?
No, i just wait there, seeing how they come to die one by one... and if they coordinate, well good, at least we can keep a good fight.
I dont have the urge to win, I just want to have fun, as many people here.
Lt. Commander
# 27
06-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
I don't know man, as you said before, you are responsible for your own actions, no one else, then you (not just you, all the ones who usually do that) are responsible of ruining my game, even if i dont die, because i will escape the trap, and see the rest dying till we reach 15-0... very enjoyable.
And it would be more fun if the other team just hung around the middle waiting for you, turning a no-chance two minute 15-0 spawn camp into a no-chance twenty minute 15-0 pigeon shoot where no one on your team wants to engage an overwhelmingly superior force? And it's even worse if all or a significant number of your team has cloak!

Teams that suck enough to get spawn camped in the first place and then complain about it seriously crack me up. You fail to realize what the alternative is, and that it is a fate far worse than the camp. When teams are so mismatched you should embrace the camp, not whine about it. If the situation was reversed, that's what I would do.
Lt. Commander
# 28
06-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
I dont want your apologizes and I dont expect anything, I all I want is that you, and everyone who does that, to understand that what you call "normal" or "battle" or "fun" it is ruining someone else fun, plain and simple.
I get it, no worries there man. I hope you get my point though. That I don't care about your emotions or your fun. That's a harsh thing to say, but it applies to anyone I face in PvP. You may kill me, and that will be fun for you but not for me.

As you said, no one likes to lose, so when someone loses they're not having fun. I don't pretend to know what's fun for others. I don't control them; I am not their boss. If I am ruining your fun, then I can't really say I'm sorry because I am not. I am just playing my game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
06-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
And it would be more fun if the other team just hung around the middle waiting for you, turning a no-chance two minute 15-0 spawn camp into a no-chance twenty minute 15-0 pigeon shoot where no one on your team wants to engage an overwhelmingly superior force? And it's even worse if all or a significant number of your team has cloak!
that is garbage and you know it.

as i say, i was on the winning side many times, and it never took me 20 minutes to finish an arena (unless a very very even one) and never faced a team which doesn't want to engage because it was loosing.

so dont try to block the sun with your finger, i prefer the honesty of gx4th, who gives a damn and dont care 'bout the others and say it.

if you try to look for excuses, then you clearly know that you are doing something wrong.

EDIT: and to finish this at least from my part.

I play the "GAME" for enjoyment, I don't know If I ever be a top PVP player or not, I have a LIFE outside.

Al I say is, when you do spawn camping, you RUIN someone else fun, you may don't care and that is OK, but please do not say that you get angry when someone on frustration (like I did some time back) post here saying, "I hate when I get spawn camped".

I know that some solutions may exist, even trying to "convince" the side doing it to stop, what ever, that does not make it good, it remains being bad, it remains being boring and it remains being crap.

And It is not entirely your fault, you just know how to take advantage on something which is completely WRONG in the first place and CRYPTIC should fix it (not to mention the entire PvP system, which I must say, sometimes there are not enough people to pop a fight).

regards, and no hard feelings, at least from my part.
Lt. Commander
# 30
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:

It's almost like people expect others to:
1. Not attack first
2. Not use any bridge officer powers
3. Just circle around and autofire

Turn it back around on them and they cry out "foul play!"
Quote:
that is garbage and you know it.

as i say, i was on the winning side many times, and it never took me 20 minutes to finish an arena (unless a very very even one) and never faced a team which doesn't want to engage because it was loosing.

so dont try to block the sun with your finger, i prefer the honesty of gx4th, who gives a damn and dont care 'bout the others and say it.

if you try to look for excuses, then you clearly know that you are doing something wrong.

EDIT: and to finish this at least from my part.

I play the "GAME" for enjoyment, I don't know If I ever be a top PVP player or not, I have a LIFE outside.

Al I say is, when you do spawn camping, you RUIN someone else fun, you may don't care and that is OK, but please do not say that you get angry when someone on frustration (like I did some time back) post here saying, "I hate when I get spawn camped".

I know that some solutions may exist, even trying to "convince" the side doing it to stop, what ever, that does not make it good, it remains being bad, it remains being boring and it remains being crap.

And It is not entirely your fault, you just know how to take advantage on something which is completely WRONG in the first place and CRYPTIC should fix it (not to mention the entire PvP system, which I must say, sometimes there are not enough people to pop a fight).

regards, and no hard feelings, at least from my part.
Quote:
Hi man, yes that was me. I'm sorry to say that my recollection of the evening isn't so detailed as yours, so if it's possible let's just go with your figures? Maybe I joined 5-10 seconds late, I don't know, so we'll just use your numbers (in red):

10 seconds + 20 seconds + 10 seconds

If i recall at 50 engine power (not full impulse) a ship can travel most of the distance between their spawn point to the center?

I was running Aux batt. > grav well 3 > scram sensors 2 > warp plasma 1 as my standard opening attack. If anyone's seen my ship in combat, it's pretty much what I do. No, I'm not an expert, or even skilled. I'm pretty much the bottom of the barrel. I just like to pvp.

Anyways, I'm sure if we meet in person I would buy you a beverage and we'ed be friends (or at least pleasant acquaintances)
I am not angry now, nor have I ever been angry back then. I'm pretty sure that we'ed at least tolerate each other if we got to know each other as fleetmates or rivals in PvP.

I'm curious that you emphasized you have a life and play this game for fun. I too have those things, as well as every other avid pvp fan here.

Remember that TNG episode where Worf and his brother Kern were at that klingon bar? They met up with some of Duras' men? Kern and the Duras captain didn't kill each other. But when they're in space, all bets are off.

That's how I fly and fight.