Lt. Commander
# 1 Has anyone see STexcalibur
06-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Take a look at this

http://www.stexcalibur.com

then take a look at the steamrunner vid and the 2nd ship movement vid at excaliburgame channel on youtube
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHAOMEGA1500
Take a look at this

http://www.stexcalibur.com

then take a look at the steamrunner vid and the 2nd ship movement vid at excaliburgame channel on youtube
Yeah looks like vapourware to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Yeah looks like vapourware to me.
Heh, yeah pretty much. I've been checking in on this project for years from time to time, since the time when it was called Bridge Commander II :p. Some of the tech demos look promising, but I remain highly skeptical this will ever come to fruition.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Ya I heard about these guys, apparently it started as a group of college students making a mod for Bridge Commander, then they got to the point where they couldn't mod everything that they wanted so they started to make their own game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Last time I checked they wanted to make it immersive to the point that warp travel would be real time... Earth to Vulcan? That'll take a few hours. There to DS9? /afk for a week or two.

I hope they relented on that concept, but then again, considering how long this project has existed with honestly little development (their most recent tech demo only shows a beta version of some new lighting on top of everything else they showed something like three years ago), I don't suppose it matters much at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Last time I checked they wanted to make it immersive to the point that warp travel would be real time... Earth to Vulcan? That'll take a few hours. There to DS9? /afk for a week or two.

I hope they relented on that concept, but then again, considering how long this project has existed with honestly little development (their most recent tech demo only shows a beta version of some new lighting on top of everything else they showed something like three years ago), I don't suppose it matters much at this point.
they also claim to have realistic newtonian physics...

which means whatever this game is it won't be very much like trek