Lt. Commander
# 11
06-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm a engineer capt in an assault cruiser. But I do love my crits. So is that extra (Dmg) really worth the emblems?
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeoftrek View Post
I'm a engineer capt in an assault cruiser. But I do love my crits. So is that extra (Dmg) really worth the emblems?
i think a blue MK XI dmgx2 does as much damage as a white MK XII. dmg is so worthless
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice. So basically I'm better off with my current mk x beams. Better dps overall
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-30-2011, 09:51 PM
you will get more DPS from MK XI weapons it comes down to wherther or not you think those weapons are worth the cost in emblems or can find an alternative elsewhere.

There's not a lot thats worth their cost in emblems imo as ship consoles can be crafted, crafted ground armours are better than whats in store as are personal shields and theres a good chance you'll want to run either the borg or ageis sets on your ship.

when you conider things like that you might only spend emblems on one kind of personal shield to fight the borg, ground and ship weapons or save them up to get a ship.

If you burn your emblems on weapons you can always grind more . . there's nothing else to do lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-01-2011, 12:01 AM
For energy weapons accuracy definitely. For torpedoes probably not. I dont know about others, but my torpedoes rarely miss.

On my tactical I'm using Quantum Torpedo mk XI 1xDMG, 2x CRD. And those really hurt if they crit.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i have a hard time caring about mk XI when its going to be obsolete itself after level cap increases again. buying off the exchange is one thing, but 30 emblems is just to much. unless you grind for maximum emblems a day
Mk XI aren't obsolete yet and haven't been for months. They still won't be obsolete until next year when the level cap is raised. It took me a week to grind enough for all Mk XI and that was last year. Haven't needed to grind since then, especially not with the 500 day emblem reward.

You could grind 3 emblems a day for 3 months and have enough to fully outfit a T5 cruiser. Saying that's "just too much" is like saying that it's "just too much" to lean over and reach for a plate of cookies when you're hungry.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-01-2011, 06:38 AM
for me doing any pve is too much. plus the mk XI stuff's bonuses tend to suck for some reason, they end up being worse then the mark gear.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
for me doing any pve is too much. plus the mk XI stuff's bonuses tend to suck for some reason, they end up being worse then the mark gear.
3 Emblems per day doesn't require any PvE. Could be more, admittedly.

To keep in mind: Season 04 will introduce a change to weapons gear - higher rarities automatically gain a damage buff. That makes your Mark X Purples more useful compared to White Mark XI (or even Mark XII?), but make Mark XI purples better.

For shields, deflectors and so on, the Emblem gear isn't all that good, but then, you really want the Aegis or the Borg set. (Probably 3 Borg Parts but a Covariant shield).
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i think a blue MK XI dmgx2 does as much damage as a white MK XII. dmg is so worthless
in current pre season 4 build on holodeck that is true, havent checked S4 differences to space weapons but i'm pritty sure they promised a 5% damage + for each level of rarity (so in a week or so mk xi purples damX2 will be doing 15% more damage than mk xii commons)
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-01-2011, 07:03 AM
I did notice a big difference going from Mk X green and blues to Mk XI purples. The only problem I did have was that I wasn't a fan of the bonuses they seem to be restricted to. Also the 250 Emblems is enough the refit your ship with weapons. Not necessarily everything else. And as people have said the Aegis and Borg sets are better.

And how do you get 3 emblems a day with no fighting? If you say something about PvP that makes it virtual useless to a lot of people since theres a lot of people that hate PvP.