Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 Thanks
06-26-2011, 11:59 AM
This is very helpful.

Mind if I was another question - If I am running say a cruiser with skills in phaser + beam weapons, which tac console would be more effective at LT Gen (Klingon) or VA (Federation) level?

3x phaser
3x directed energy mod
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
This is very helpful.

Mind if I was another question - If I am running say a cruiser with skills in phaser + beam weapons, which tac console would be more effective at LT Gen (Klingon) or VA (Federation) level?

3x phaser
3x directed energy mod
3x phaser for sure
if you compare the two with similar MK levels and rarity, you'll notice that the directed energy mod has a lower benefit (this is because it affects ALL energy types), while the phaser gives a higher benefit because it's only one type
if you're using more than one energy type (like phaser and disruptor together, directed energy mod would be more effective... but not in this case
hope that helps
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
thanks all for your input....

Really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
3x phaser for sure
if you compare the two with similar MK levels and rarity, you'll notice that the directed energy mod has a lower benefit (this is because it affects ALL energy types), while the phaser gives a higher benefit because it's only one type
if you're using more than one energy type (like phaser and disruptor together, directed energy mod would be more effective... but not in this case
hope that helps
Check your R&D page, emblem vendors, etc. This is not true.

Mk XI blue phaser relay gives +26
Mk XI blue directed energy manifold gives +26.

The DE console affects all damage types, but only benefits beams. The phaser console only affects phasers, but benefits both cannons and beams.