Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-01-2011, 11:14 PM
OP, I been hoping for Large Open PVP zones since Beta, not these canned hunts that's called PVP now.

We know STO can have large zones, just look at the Nopada Desert.

Have two factions have camps (safe spawns) on either side of the zone, with various objectives for players to do across the zone with a centeral area being the focus for the PvP. Say a Fortress, a dungeon, a village, etc. So players have the option to fight for a cause or just go out PvPing for the sake of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Twitch is exactly what I would want out of a SWG space combat system.

I fondly remember X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing vs TIE Fighter... Great games. I want a successor.
How dare you forgetting X-Wing Alliance :p

But back to STO did they announce any new date for OPvP?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampir888 View Post
How dare you forgetting X-Wing Alliance :p
Didn't like it as much as the others. Plus were the ability to fly bigger ships, but the changes to the ****-pit "UI" didn't sit well with me, and overall I think the entire visuals were kinda off for what I wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
OP, I been hoping for Large Open PVP zones since Beta, not these canned hunts that's called PVP now.

We know STO can have large zones, just look at the Nopada Desert.
Or look at Champions Online. That's supposedly the same game, and Millennium City is pretty big. So larger zones are definitely possible. It could be that their problem is that they have a lot of individual maps (CO seems to have a lot of carbon-copies) in STO, so it would make the game overall larger, which could create client and server-side issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Judging how crowded Earth can get (in orbit and in ESD), you think it wouldn't be a server-side issue. Especially when PvP zones typically don't have that many players in them.